Thread: Square Circle Triangle icon on webpages

Square Circle Triangle icon on webpages

I am using Internet Explorer 7 as my default browser on Windows Vista. While browsing today morning i keep getting blocked from downloading programs. And instead if icons I now see a small square that contain a red square,green circle, and blue triangle. What wrong on my computer. Please help me.

Re: Square Circle Triangle icon on webpages

Regarding your downloads getting stopped i can say that It could be a virus stopping you from downloading. Try to scan your complete system in safe mode using any good antivirus. And for the Square Circle Triangle icons, make sure you have Javascript Enabled in your Internet Explorer Settings.

I think you might not have the plugin to view all the items.

It might be because Internet Explorer cannot determine the character set that is used by the Web page, or a file or registry key that is required to display the Web page that has the appropriate character set may be missing or damaged. By default, Internet Explorer uses the character set that is specified in the HTTP content type that is returned by the server, the character set that is specified by the meta element in the Web page document, or your Encoding preference if no HTTP content type is returned by the server and no meta element is specified in the Web page document.Clear temporary Internet files. By doing so creates more space on your hard disk. If your hard disk is close to being full, this could affect your ability to view pictures on a Web site.

Thanks buddy. Even i guess it might be the spyware cause. I am having Norton and will try to scan the system in safe mode. Hope this works for me. Will be back to you if the problem exist. Thanks a lot for the quick reply and help.