Thread: How to re-install Windows Live Messenger

How to re-install Windows Live Messenger

Recently I had download windows live messenger 2009 in my vista computer. I am not able to sign in the service. It showing a error when I enter my user id and password. I tried to remove the application but could found any solution for that. How to re-install windows live messenger so that it can cure corrupt installation. What is the system requirement of windows live 2009. Thanks in advance.

Re: How to re-install Windows Live Messenger

Windows Live messenger is a new product which was known as MSN Messenger. Windows Live messenger needs windows xp sp2 or windows vista. It also work on windows 7 and windows server 2008. The live movie maker is not supported on windows xp. It needs a minimum of 256Mb of RAM or higher and 512Mb for vista. Internet Explorer 6 or later is recommended for the tool. Other additional component that needs to run the messenger is Microsoft .Net Framework 2.0 or higher and Direct X9 for the additional components of messenger.

To remove windows live messenger first make sure that you are logged in as a administrator. Then Go to the start button and type rograms and features in the search box. Then in the list select the windows live and select uninstall. Select allow if prompter by the UAC.

First try to restore your windows settings by running system restore. Go to start > Program > accessories > system tools > system restore. Restore to a older date. Otherwise here is a second option for your. Go to start menu and click on run. Then in the box type RunDll32 advpack.dll,LaunchINFSection %windir%\INF\msmsgs.inf,BLc.remove and press enter. Restart your system.