Thread: Comcast adding email address to outlook express

Comcast adding email address to outlook express

I had installed Windows Xp along with Microsoft Outlook Express on my system. I would like to know that how can comcast can be used to add email address to Outlook Express? Does any body knows about it? Kindly provide me the correct solution for the above issue. Any kind of help on the above issue would be appreciated.

Re: Comcast adding email address to outlook express

For that you need to follow the below steps mention.

1) Click on Address Book link in the left menu.
    2) Click on Add contact to the top of Address Book.
    3) While adding the contact, enter information in the General, Phone, Address, Internet and Personal pages. Select the tabs at the top to navigate from page to page.
    4) Click on add once the required information is provided. Contact gets added successfully.

According to me you can also try out the following steps on your system.

1) Start Outlook Express.
    2) Click on the Tools menu and select Account.
    3) On the Internet Accounts screen, click on the Mail tab. On the Mail tab screen, click on the Add button and select Mail.
    4) Type in your name in the Display name field, then click on the Next button.
    5) Type in your email address in the Email address field, then click on the Next button.
    6) Make sure that POP3 is selected for My incoming mail server is a. Type in the Incoming and Outgoing mail server names in their respective fields as shown, then click on the Next button.
    NOTE: You will be using Comcast for Incoming mail, and PeoplePC for Outgoing mail on your system.

Outlook Express allows people to check a number of different email accounts from various providers. You can try out the following steps on your system.

1)Start the Outlook Express program by clicking (or double clicking) the icon on your desktop or under your "Start" button.
    2) Start Outlook Express. Select "Tools" and then click on "Accounts."
    3) Make sure the circle next to "Create a new Internet mail account" has a dot in it. If a dot isn't in the circle, click the circle. Click the "Next" button to proceed.
    4) Type in "mail.comcast.net" in the box labeled "Incoming Mail Server." For the outgoing mail server entry, type in "smtp.comcast.net."
    5) Enter your Comcast login name and password. Click "Remember Password" to avoid being prompted for a password each time you send or receive email. Click "Finish."
    6) Highlight the Comcast account you just created on the "Mail" tab. Click "Properties." Then choose the "Advanced" tab.
    7) Select the "Outgoing Mail (SMTP) Port." Change the port number to 587. If you want your email to be saved on the Comcast server, click the box that says "Keep a Copy of Messages on Server."

no camcatfunction is work on E-mail massages only, comcat is repair the outlook express E-mail Database,