Thread: How to recover Gmail's lost passowrd

How to recover Gmail's lost passowrd

Here i need urgent help from all you guys. I am having a Gmail account that is very important for me. All my important mails regarding my bank accounts, companies, etc comes to this mail account. Yesterday suddenly i have change the password for some security reason and now i am not able to remember the same. I tried the forgot password link i but i am not able to remember the alternate email id that i have given while signing the account. i really need to access this account. Is there any way to recover the lost password in Gmail ? Please let me know soon. Thanks in advanced.

Re: How to recover Gmail's lost passowrd

Well, fortunately Google has recently introduced a new feature to get the lost password via SMS on your mobile phone.In order to make use of this feature you need to first get your phone validated by Google.To set up password recovery via your mobile phone, just sign in to your account and click Change Password Recovery Options. Enter your mobile phone number and current password and then click Save. If you lose access to your account for any reason, you'll be able to regain access by entering a code we'll send in a text message.

Earlier, the only option available was to setup an alternate email account but now Google made it to get on cell phones via sms.To send yourself a recovery code via SMS:
    • Enter your username on the password-assistance page. After completing the word verification, you'll receive confirmation that we've sent a code to your phone. Keep this page open so you can get to the page where you enter your code.
    • Check your phone for a text message from Google.
    • Enter your recovery code and click Submit recovery code.
    • Type your new password.

Now that is really a nice and valuable feature from Google. Many times it happens we forget the alternate mail or even the security answers. This feature is really gonna helpful. But unfortunately this service is available in few selected countries.