Thread: No youtube videos in IE8?

No youtube videos in IE8?

I'm using windows xp and IE8 installed on it. It doesn't play the youtube videos , in previous IE7 i was able to view the youtube videos. Then whats wrong with this version? I also have firefox and safari and they plays youtube videos without any problem. Then whats wrong with IE?

Re: No youtube videos in IE8?

Is it with only youtube videos or all videos sites? First clear the IE cache , and in IE 8/Tools/Internet Options/Advanced I have checked all 7 boxes in Multimedia. If this doesn't helps the try reinstalling the Flash Player.

I'm also using IE8 on windows xp , and its working fine with youtube videos and with rest of the video sites. You should try reinstalling the IE8. And also refer to following threads for more knowledge on this topic:

Youtube Videos does not load up
    Cannot open many Youtube videos
    Youtube videos just do not run on FF

First check addons and make sure java is not disabled. If its already enabled then try running IE8 with add-ons disabled. Go to Start > Programs > Accessories > System Tools > Internet Explorer to start IE8 without any add-ons only keep the falsh player. Try using the browser and see if the same problem arises. If this doesn't helps you have to reinstall the IE8. Same things happened to me with myspace site. But got resolve some how. Shift to mozilla firefix if IE8 doesn't works better for you.

First do following:

Internet Explorer ActiveX settings

Browser security settings should be chosen by you or by your system administrator. For single users who do not have an administrator, the Medium: Default Level allows you to view Flash content. For any Custom Level, ensure that both the "Download Signed ActiveX controls" and "Run ActiveX controls and plug-ins" options are set to "Prompt".

To change your security level:

1. Open Internet Explorer.
    2. Choose Tools > Internet Options.
    3. Select the Security tab.
    4. Select Custom Level.
    5. Find the section "ActiveX controls and plug-ins".
    6. Set ' Download Signed ActiveX Controls' to Prompt.
    7. Set 'Run ActiveX Controls And Plug-ins' to Prompt.

If you are having trouble installing, make sure that your Internet Explorer security level is not set to High or to a custom level that does not allow viewing of ActiveX controls.

And if above solutions doesn't works then refer to this guide: Troubleshoot Adobe Flash Player installation for Windows

Hope this will resolve your issue. Good luck

Try running IE 8 with Add-ons disabled. Go to the Start Menu, then All Programs > Accessories > System Tools > Internet Explorer (No Add-ons). That might solve your problem.

- Jake

MSFT Internet Explorer Outreach Team

tranquil1ty Guest

install mozilla firefox web browser.it will help u to download video from youtube

Install Real player 11 gold. That will install a plugin which shows a download button whenever a video appears on the webpage. All the best!

You can also try turning on Compatibility View by clicking the icon to the right of the address bar that looks like a broken piece of paper. This will roll back IE 8 to render pages like IE 7 does. If this works, permanently require IE 8 to turn on Compatibility View by going to Tools > Compatibility View Settings and then add YouTube to the list of sites that should always take advantage of Compatibility View when you visit them.

- Jake

MSFT Internet Explorer Outreach Team

Thanks to everyone for replying and nice suggestions, however reinstalling flash solved my issues, i look forward with every1s advice. Thanks again.