Thread: Why doesn't Google show all of my backlinks

Why doesn't Google show all of my backlinks

I am running a website since 2 years. The url of the site is like www.website_name.com. This surely means that the website must be indexed completely by Google, Yahoo, Windows Live and other such search engines. My problem is that if I try to find all the sites which are linking back to my website, I don't get any result but if I try to find my website name then Google gives more than 100 links. Why doesn't Google show all of my backlinks?

Re: Why doesn't Google show all of my backlinks

This is ordinary. What happens is Google hides many of the back link information based on the search term. Whatever you provide as the search term, the results will be different based on those keywords. That means it will be going to ask two different query to Google database and provide the result. Google have been doing this from many years and there should be some strong reason for this.

Page Rank is defined by pages and domains do not enter into it. Google generally won't show you any backlinks that have a PR less than 4. Also don't crosslink the domains otherwise those might not be counted. It may take several weeks or months before you'll see some of your backlinks in Google.

The result what you get when you use the 'link' command, or in Google's webmaster tools are the backlinks that counts the domains PR rating. Sometimes Google 'resets' all those backlinks that belongs to a domain that has been expired. If your site is 2 years old, and if you have not updated your website from a long time then most of your backlinks will probably won't be shown.

mickeyy Guest

Well google and msn will not show all of your links. The reasoning: they don't want to give away your secrets. If you use webmaster tools, than you can view all of your back links that google counts. We all know that back links make up one part of the page rank system, therefore google likes to protect some of your hard work while yahoo will release your information to your competitors.
    When backlinks do show up on Google they are often from only the highest quality sites; those that are already considered credible themselves and are undeniably relevant to the linked website