Thread: Outlook Express Cannot Connect to SMTP

Outlook Express Cannot Connect to SMTP

Hi,
    Whenever I am trying to send an email message I am getting error message that Outlook is unable to connect to your outgoing (SMTP) e-mail server. After sometime the receiving of mails was also gone. I looked in the accounts setting but every thing is fine there. Things are not working so fine even after restarting the whole system. I think the virus can be the reason behind this. I had put my system on full scan. But there were no virus found. Please send suggestions.

Re: Outlook Express Cannot Connect to SMTP

There are multiple reasons for the problem occurred to you in Outlook Express. First of all check out weather your internet is working fine. It opening websites and accepting traffic. If there is no problem in the internet then the reasons can be your mail server would be temporarily unavailable try back after some time. Check your account settings once again. It is also possible that your user profile or incoming mail server is damaged in Outlook. Check your antivirus settings. By the mentioned reason try to configure your outlook express I hope your problem will get solved.

First launch your internet browser and see weather you view any webpage or not. If you internet is working then follow the second option. Verify your account setting for the error. To do this go to start menu > control panel. In the window under classic menu look out for mail setup. Double click on it and click on show profile. Click on General tab and select add. Create a new profile with your emails relevant information and click on Finish and OK. Restart you system and launch you outlook express again.

I am listing some solutions that will help you out to resolve the outlook express problem. It basically occur due to corrupt profiles and viruses. By creating new profile and configuring it properly will resolve your issue. If you are using windows vista go to start menu and type outlook.exe /safe in search box and hit enter. And if you are using xp then got to start menu > run > type outlook.exe /safe and hit enter. Outlook express will now run without add-ins and minimum functions. note down the settings of old account delete it and create new one. Delete all suspicious mails and check you antivirus settings.