Thread: IE 7 icon gone from computer

IE 7 icon gone from computer

I have installed IE 7 long back and working absolutely fine but from last 2 to 3 days i have very strange problem, I saw that IE icon missing from my desktop and to start the IE i need to go to start-> program files and then to start from there, which is very ridiculous please suggest how to restore IE 7 icon to desktop.

Re: IE 7 icon gone from computer

Open your IE browser, go to Tools, then select for Internet Option, then go to Advanced tab in Internet Options there you would get the settings option check in our uncheck the items whatever you want or not this will allows you to see the icon on the desktop.

You may also try restoring the IE 7 icon by right clicking on the menu you find in the Start-> program files, just right click on it and you would see an option suggesting that send to desktop this will help to create shortcut for the IE 7 icon on the desktop and you could access from there. but the only small problem is that it will create shortcut on your desktop, but your system will take it, try to reduce the no of short cut on the desktop.

You may reinstall the IE 7 again on your computer this will also allows you to have IE 7 icon on the desktop this will be simplest option you would find to get all your default settings back to the computer. That will not harm your any contacts or messages stored in your mail account. so go ahead an do it.