Thread: How do i enable delay Sending of Email Message in Microsoft Outlook 2002

How do i enable delay Sending of Email Message in Microsoft Outlook 2002

I'm running Windows Xp as my operating system. I'm using Microsoft Outlook 2002 for accessing my email over the internet. I would like to know that how do i enable the delay sending of emails at a specified time and date later than current time, or postponing the delivery date and time on my Outlook 2002. So that when i want to send any birthday mails at a particular day and time, it should get delivered only at specific date and time. Can any body tell me that how can i do that? Does any body knows about it? Kindly provide me the correct solution for the above issue.

Re: How do i enable delay Sending of Email Message in Microsoft Outlook 2002

You can do that at the time of composing mails. A time press the option button in it, when you are trying to compose any new mail. There you can set a "Do not deliver before" time and date. Then it will only get delivered at certain day and time specified by you for that particular mail.

Re: How do i enable delay Sending of Email Message in Microsoft Outlook 2002

For doing so, just follow the below steps mention.

1. On the Message window (where you type your email content), click the Options button. It will give you the alternatively, then just click on View --> Options.
    2. Then on the Message Options dialog window, select and tick the “Do Not Deliver Before” check box, under the Delivery Options. Then choose the desired send date and time to deliver the email by using the calendar and time drop down list.
    3. And finally click on Close and then click OK.

After clicking on the send button, it will get save automatically on your Outbox folder. After that it will get delivered to a particular person on the specified assigned date and time and it will automatically be moved in your sent items.