Thread: Email Notification doesn't work in Hotmail

sad Email Notification doesn't work in Hotmail

Hey Guys,

I'm having Hotmail account. From last few days i'm not getting any email notification about the new messages. The new messages are directly going to my inbox without notifying me any more. I don't know why it's not showing me the notification any more? Prior to this it used to show me the notification whenever any new message would arrive in my mail box. Can any body tell me why i'm having such problem in Hotmail? Kindly help me out to get rid of this problem any help would be appreciated.

Thanks a lot.

Re: Email Notification doesn't work in Hotmail

If you are using your own domain name (not *.frih.net) then I would recommend that you try setting up Google Appls For Your Domain. This gives you Gmail for your domain's email system. This way Google handles all your incoming and outgoing mail, if the problem persists after you've set this up, then it rules out Frihost as the source of the email problems.

If you don't have your own domain, is it just the primary email account that you're having problems with? Can you receive email to secondary email accounts created under your domain?

If you read the HotMail response, it becomes pretty clear that they are relying quite heavily on Bayesian filtering and DNS entries to filter out the SPAM. If you don’t have SPF DNS entries for your domain (or they are misconfigured) then its now almost guaranteed that you will have problems sending to HotMail.

Not sure what you’re doing when it comes to SPF? I stumbled upon a great little SPF wizard that could prove very handy! I used it to make sure all my domains were setup correctly and I think its probably the best SPF wizard that I’ve yet to come across. Yes, including the Microsoft one that doesn’t work properly in Firefox

Hotmail, Yahoo, as well as most broadband ISPs and gazillions of businesses, will not accept SMTP connections from dynamic residential/dial-up IP addresses. In order to do direct DNS emailing, you must use a static IP that a) isn't listed as dynamic/dial-up, and b) has an SPF identifier mapped into your domain as a valid mail server. Unless you upgrade to one of the business packages with a static IP, you are SOL. You should route through your domain host's mail servers, as they are most likely mapped to your domain name.

MultiMail Notifier 3.0.001.02

Notifies of new e-mail arriving at multiple e-mail accounts. Real pane of having multiple mailboxes is the need for their contant checking. Your problem resolution, Multi-Mail Notifier professional e-mail notification software, which provides system tray notification appearing once you get e-mail on one of your mailboxes. Supported e-mail types: POP3, Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail.