Thread: Can't stop FTP client Download

unsure Can't stop FTP client Download

Hey Guys,

I'm facing a strange issue on my pc while downloading FTP clients. If the files seems to be large in size let say more than 100, it doesn't get stopped. It shows that it has completed 100% but the file size keeps on growing. I don't understand what to do? Can please any body help me out to resolve teh above issue? Any help on the above issue would be appreciated.

Thanks a lot.

Re: Can't stop FTP client Download

Free Windows software that includes all the client FTP features you need. The application contains features such as SFTP (SSH), SSL, TLS, IDN, browser integration, site to site transfers, FTP transfer resume, drag and drop support, file viewing & editing, firewall support, custom commands, FTP URL parsing, command line transfers, filters, and much, much more.

This free, secure FTP client gives you a fast, easy, reliable way to update and maintain your website via FTP. It also provides a secure method (via SSL, TLS, or SFTP) to upload/download files to and from FTP servers.

Tango FTP is an FTP client with features such as account and snapshot management. Once you've saved an account's settings and assigned a nickname, the information is saved in the Favorites menu. Within each account you can save unlimited local and server Snapshot views, which are listed as subheadings under each account so you can easily access your most frequently visited directories with a single click. The Tango FTP Tool Bar has a Web browser with Back, Forward, and Refresh buttons for easy navigation and an address field so you always know where you are.

What actually happened. I had a bug in an FTP explorer but only in Windows style listing parser, UNIX listing parser was OK that was adding a space at the very begging of each file name. It wasn’t easy to notice that in FTP explorer so I didn’t. As a result when I was double-clicking a file to add it to the download queue the generated link was invalid and WideStream and MSIE obviously failed to download a file. And why ReGet didn’t? According to its download log ReGet first tries to download a file "as is", receives this known 505 error, but it doesn’t stop him. He is listing the FTP directory where file is placed and after doing some sort of analysis understands that the name of the file is not really right and removes this space from the begging. After that everything works as expected.

So I believe that is something that I can add to my TODO list. It is not that difficult to implement and in certain situations it will look like your download manager can do real magic.