Thread: Is it possible to download files in sleep mode

idea Is it possible to download files in sleep mode

Hey Guys,

I'm running Windows Vista on my system. I would like to know that is it possible for me to download any files when my pc is set to be in sleep mode. Is it possible for me to do so? Does any body knows about it? Kindly suggest me the proper solution for doing it, if possible. Any kind of information o the above issue would be appreciated.

Thanks a lot.

Re: Is it possible to download files in sleep mode

No, if you "sleep" or "hibernate" your computer, it will turn off your network connection and stop the download. You really have no choice, if you want the file, leave the computer on, but you can turn the monitor off.

No, For one thing the CPU is in idle mode when your computer is in sleep mode.
    It's a bit like humans hard to do anything productive when asleep. You are only waiting for a wakeup call and that's the same with your PC.

Auto Power-on Shut-down can make your computer resume from power-off state,control your computer's shutdown and startup automatically.

Resume from power-off state. Allows you to control your computer auto start up and work in appointed time. It can wake your computer at specified date/time, even if the system has been closed. With Auto Power-on Shut-down you are able to control the shutdown and startup states of your computer. Wake up from sleep mode - Allows you to wake up your computer from sleep mode (s3 standby) at specified time.

Task Schedule - Allows you to open files, play sounds , run programs, close programs , open website, show message, standby/hibernate, shutdown/reboot, etc. at any designated time .