Thread: How to make folders in Gmail

How to make folders in Gmail

Hi,

Like yahoo mail i want to categorized my email in many folders in gmail account. but i'm not finding any option for that. is it possible to create ? help me please.

Thanks for any help.

Re: How to make folders in Gmail

It is very easy to add folders in gmail. Only they call them labels. Just to the right of the delete button is a pop-up menu labeled more actions. Click on it and a menu will open up. Towards the bottom there is a selection 'New Label'. Click on this and give your new label a name. Gmail was designed so you could find things quickly without the need for folders. For instance I create a new label called abc. Now any time I get an e-mail from abc I just select it (the little check box on the left). Then go back up to the more actions menu. Open it and you will see the name of the new label you created. In my case abc. Click on the label and the e-mail you checked will be associated with that label. Then when you want to put the e-mail into the respective folder just make sure that it is checked and click on 'Archive'. And you can then access the e-mail through the menu on the left called Labels which shows a list of all the labels you have created. I hope this helps.

Everyone know that GMail is one of the best solution for processing emails, especially emails with high attachment (GMail now supports 20 MB of attachment). But most of them complaint about one many drawback in its online interface, yes, we can’t create folders in GMail. But after a small research with GMail, I managed to find a solution of this problem.I don’t know whether you know about this, but I just wanted to share this information with everyone.

Here is the actual solution:
    • First create labels as per your requirement
    • Next, select the email(s) that you want to transfer to a folder
    • After selecting it, apply the label that you want
    • After that “archive” itThat’s all!

Your emails will be now segregated into folders , navigate to each end every label, as if you are using folders.Hope this small piece of information will help, but the easiest way it to configure it to outlook or outlook express or any email client and segregate it to folders…

Thanks for helping me guys. i also love gmail email services. but using label will take time ti get use to with it. thank you guys.