Thread: Gmail contacts into Thunderbird

Gmail contacts into Thunderbird

Hello,
    how to export my contacts from gmail to thunderbird. i know this is normal if you open the file in Excel. The comma is not considered as separator in Excel, but in Thunderbird

If you want a result in Excel, open the. Csv file with an editor (notepad) and replace all commas by semicolons. But that no longer work for Thunderbird.
    QTechnology Ultra-Quiet ATX PSU 460W I MSI K8N Neo4-F I AMD Opteron 144 CABNE0545 2.66Ghz I 2 x 512MB RAM I 380GB Maxtor SATAI Raid0 Hard Drive I 40GB Maxtor IDE Hard Drive I Nvidia GeForce 7900GTX I Win XP Home Service Pack 2 I Soundblaster Xtreme Fidelity Fatal1ty I Mercury Home Theater HT-4500

Re: Gmail contacts into Thunderbird

During import the CSV file, you must use at least the buttons "Up" and "Down" during the Stage 1 so as to insert the field ( "Fields in the Address Book") with the data we want to match ( "Registration Data to import").

For example, "First e-mail address" should be placed in front of "E-mail Address".
    This gap is a bit of Gmail's fault, since their CSV file does not meet the classical order.

Is it that we can resume at the beginning? I make contact, export and I have only two possibilities: Gmail CSV or CSV outlook so I take what ?
    QTechnology Ultra-Quiet ATX PSU 460W I MSI K8N Neo4-F I AMD Opteron 144 CABNE0545 2.66Ghz I 2 x 512MB RAM I 380GB Maxtor SATAI Raid0 Hard Drive I 40GB Maxtor IDE Hard Drive I Nvidia GeForce 7900GTX I Win XP Home Service Pack 2 I Soundblaster Xtreme Fidelity Fatal1ty I Mercury Home Theater HT-4500

So from there:
    1 - Select "Outlook CSV", and save the file where you want on the computer
    2 - In Thunderbird, go to Tools / Address Book (Ctrl-2)
    3 - choose Tools / Import ... and select "Address Book" and "Text"
    4 - In the window to designate the file, specifies that the format is "Separated by commas" and refers to the CSV file And then, there will not be the first to submit a column, as you described

But when I come to the dialog window "import address book, I have Name, e-mail on the same line in recording data .. and then it does not work yet. I then of course the full details but no display visible Therefore click on each sheet so that I find the right one!

Import Your Gmail Contacts into Mozilla Thunderbird

To export your address book from Gmail and import it into Mozilla Thunderbird:

• Save your Gmail contacts as gmail-to-outlook.csv.
    • Select Tools | Import... from the menu in Mozilla Thunderbird.
    • Make sure Address Books is selected.Click Next >.
    • Highlight Text file (LDIF,.tab,.csv,.txt) under Please select the program from which you would like to import. Click Next >.
    • Select the gmail-to-outlook.csv file you just created.
    • Make sure First record contains field names is checked.
    • Use the Move Up and Move Down buttons to match Mozilla Thunderbird address book fields on the left with Gmail fields on the right.
      o Make sure at least
      o Primary Email and E-mail Address and
      o Last Name and Name match.
      o Gmail has a unified name field and does not distinguish between first and last names.
      o You can use the Next button at the top to see what the import process will produce.
    • Click OK.
    • Now click Finish.

In your Mozilla Thunderbird address book, you will now find a folder named "gmail-to-outlook" with all imported contacts.