Thread: USB VoIP phone - Skype

USB VoIP phone - Skype

I'm searching how to create a program using the normal phone via USB, for use with Skype for example, actually it is my final project, I knew that it was not so difficult it when I took the project. But after a week I still found nothing, is that someone has an idea, with what I was supposed to begin,

Re: USB VoIP phone - Skype

I have no information on how to do it, but in principle, however, you will have:

- Get the audio stream by USB.
    - Redirected this flow on Skype.

After I admit that I see no purpose, because I believe it is possible directly from Skype to select a source via USB, in which case your software will be a layer unnecessary.

The Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) is a signalling protocol, widely used for setting up and tearing down multimedia communication sessions such as voice and video calls over the Internet. Other feasible application examples include video conferencing, streaming multimedia distribution, instant messaging, presence information and online games. The protocol can be used for creating, modifying and terminating two-party (unicast) or multiparty (multicast) sessions consisting of one or several media streams. The modification can involve changing addresses or ports, inviting more participants, adding or deleting media streams, etc.

For more information: Session Initiation Protocol (SIP)

But the SIP protocol is not my objective, the objective is to recover data (VOIP) from the USB port, and write on Skype or MSN, as the Grohu explained, and now I am looking in C that allows me to do that, ultimately that is what I do until that

But above all you must analyze the output signal of your phone to see the signal coming out of your phone. Indeed it is quite possible that you have an analog signal, not digital.

If so, and this is already a beep and you should not go by your sound card, so you must recreate a sound card to get to the usb ...