Thread: Set DAP as default downloader?

Set DAP as default downloader?

hi,
    I have recently install Opera version 10 build 1139 and I also use download accelerator plus 8.2 for accelerating my downloads.when i click Download; it starts downloading with Opera.when download something, how to set automatically downloads with DAP? Any help will be extremely appreciated.

Re: Set DAP as default downloader?

hi,
    I figured out how to use my DAP (download accelerator plus) with chrome. If you open the main DAP window, select TOOLS, select OPTIONS, select ADVANCED, then change it to integrate with CHROME browser. (You may need to update to the latest version of DAP to do this. Not sure if the older version has a chrome option). This makes downloading so much quicker because you take from more than one source at a time.

To (re)enable the triggering/integration of Download Accelerator Plus, open DAP, click the "Tools" menu -> "Options", enter "Connection" on the screen that you get and set your browser integration and then restart the browser. Also check, on the same screen, to see if DAP is checked as your Default Download Manager.

If for some reason you disabled dap (by choosing either the "Disable downloads by DAP" or the "Exit and Disable downloads by DAP" from the taskbar menu, you may enable triggering again, simply by right clicking the taskbar DAP icon, and choosing "Enable downloads by DAP (Acceleration On).

hi,
    use flashgot u need not install any plugin for firefox or ie..it will automatically integrate with ur current browser and automatically download the file and store it in specified particular folder. You need not worry about the damn plugins from now, if you have flashgot addon. Enjoy browsing.