Thread: Need Dynamic IP DNS Service to setup FTP server

Need Dynamic IP DNS Service to setup FTP server

I want to setup a FTP server at my workstation. Can anyone suggest me a free dynamic IP DNS server ? Any related ideas will be appreciated...
    Thanks...

Re: Need Dynamic IP DNS Service to setup FTP server

You can use our No-IP Free Dynamic DNS (DDNS) and redirection service to map a static or dynamic IP address or long URL to an easy to remember subdomain such as yourname.no-ip.org.

No-IP Free is our entry level service. Use yourname.no-ip.com instead of a hard to remember IP address or URL.
    Additionally use our dynamic update client to keep track of your dynamic IP address.
    You will always be able to get to your computer even if you IP address is dynamically assigned.

Applications: No-IP's Dynamic DNS services has many applications. Remotely connect to your computer from work. Run a personal website, access your DVR, run a FTP, game, or mail server. The options are endless.

Try using DynamIP.

The Internet uses numbers, called IP Addresses,which are similar to phone numbers, for all computers attached to it. Instead of forcing us to remember these numbers, the Internet allows us to use memorable names.

Special servers called nameservers on the Internet accept these names and do a directory lookup, resolving them to their numeric IP addresses. Your PC then uses this IP address to connect to the remote host.

Every time you connect to the Internet your computer gets assigned a different IP Address. Imagine keeping track of your phone number if the Phone Company changed it everyday!

DynamIP gives your computer an Internet Name that automatically points to your current IP address every time you connect to the Internet

Yes, DynamIP will be a good option.
    If you want to run a server from your desktop, you can give your DynamIP Internet Name to your customers and they can find your server without ever knowing your current IP address!
    DynamIP's Internet Name technology works great with multi-player internet games, video conferencing (i.e. NetMeeting), voice conferencing (i.e. IP Phone) and remote access (i.e. PC Anywhere).
    DynamIP allows you to run your own web site, ftp site, even your own mail server - right from your own PC.
    You can use your Internet Name with all Internet applications where your current IP address is required.
    You can have your own Internet Name within minutes of running the DynamIP Client program. Your new Internet Name will be immediately available to the Internet.