Thread: Invalid File Format Error in Youtube

Invalid File Format Error in Youtube

Hello,
    I am new to uploading videos. I am facing problem in uploading my birthday videos on youtube, Whenever I try to put a video on youtube, it says in valid file format. Failed. Does anyone know why youtube is not uploading videos.

please help me
    Technology is a way of organizing the universe so that man doesn't have to experience it.-- Max Frisch 1911 -1991

Re: Invalid File Format Error in Youtube

This status message means that the file type of your video isn't supported by our site. You may need to try using software other than the software that came with your camera, such as Windows Movie Maker (included with every Windows installation), or Apple iMovie. By opening your video file with one of these programs and then saving as .avi, .mpg, .wmv, or .mov, you should be able to upload your video with no problems.

Re: Invalid File Format Error in Youtube

Invalid file format error' means that your video is in a format that our system doesn't accept. We accept most file formats, including .wmv, .mov, .mpg, or .avi. If your video meets these minimum requirements and still won't upload, it may be due to a problem with the video compression you are using. We recommend the MPEG4 (Divx, Xvid, SVQ3) format at 640x480 resolution with MP3 audio. Resizing your video to these specifications before uploading will help your clips look better on YouTube.

If you're using Windows Movie Maker, it's also possible that you tried to upload your .MSWMM file. This is not an actual movie file. An .MSWMM file is a Windows Movie Maker project file. If you're satisfied with your movie, choose the 'Publish Movie' or 'Save Movie File' option (depending on which version you have) under the 'File' menu and create a movie file such as .avi or .wmv.