Thread: Affected by Intrusion.Win.MSSQL.worm

Affected by Intrusion.Win.MSSQL.worm

hi there

i am using kaspersky anitivirus as to protect my network and my computer. from last few days I am getting message like Intrusion.Win.MSSQL.worm. I have tried using my antivirus software but no use.

Please provide some views regarding this

Your views will be appreciated

Re: Affected by Intrusion.Win.MSSQL.worm

It's probably a bot attack - just hitting all IP's within a certain range on port 1434 (Slammer worm). The log is saying that it's blocked basically so there is nothing you can do. Check again to make sure you are stealth from ZA free and that's about it. When using a 3rd party firewall like ZA you should disable the IDS (network protection) of KAV, btw.

First off make sure you have all these settings in place.

http://forum.kaspersky.com/lofiversi...php/t4234.html

And just incase it has sliped through run both these programs.

Please download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware from one of these places:
    |MG| Malwarebytes Anti-Malware 1.33
    http://www.besttechie.net/tools/mbam-setup.exe

Double Click mbam-setup.exe to install the application.
    If it will not run make a copy of the MBAM.exe and rename MBAM.exe to xxx.exe and run that.Keep the genuine MBAM.exe as we may need to run that later as is.
    Make sure a checkmark is placed next to Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, then click Finish.
    If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version.
    Once the program has loaded, select "Perform Quick Scan", then click Scan.
    The scan may take some time to finish,so please be patient.
    When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results.
    Make sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.
    When disinfection is completed, a log will open in Notepad and you may be prompted to Restart.(See Extra Note)
    The log is automatically saved by MBAM and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.
    Copy&Paste the entire report in your next reply along with a fresh HijackThis log.

If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove, you may be asked to reboot your computer so it can proceed with the disinfection process. Regardless if prompted to restart the computer or not, please do so immediately. Failure to reboot normally (not into safe mode) will prevent MBAM from removing all the malware. MBAM may "make changes to your registry" as part of its disinfection routine. If using other security programs that detect registry changes (ie Spybot's Teatimer), they may interfere or alert you after scanning with MBAM. Please temporarily disable such programs or permit them to allow the changes.
    Once that Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware is done removing the malware and you have rebooted the computer, browse around and see if you are still having that problem.
    Ok.download ComboFix.exe.

Disable your AntiVirus and AntiSpyware applications, usually via a right-click on the System Tray icon. They may otherwise interfere with our tools.
    Double-click on ComboFix.exe & follow the prompts.
    If it will not run rename Combofix to xxx.exe and run that.
    As part of it's process, ComboFix will check to see if the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console is installed. With malware infections being as they are today, it's strongly recommended to have this pre-installed on your machine before doing any malware removal. It will allow you to boot up into a special recovery/repair mode that will allow us to more easily help you should your computer have a problem after an attempted removal of malware.Recovery Console can be installed from your disc if you have Vista if you wish.
    Follow the prompts to allow ComboFix to download and install the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console, and when prompted, agree to the End-User License Agreement to install the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console.

u r using a kaspersky anty-virus instead of use kaspersky internet security,it will help u so much