Thread: Problem updating Mozilla Firefox Version

Problem updating Mozilla Firefox Version

hello

I am going through a strange problematic phase. I am using mozilla firefox 2.0 and thought of updating it to beta version 3.0. When i made the upload option, the file got succesfullt downloaded and then it got installed correctly; but when i try to open the browser it shows nothing. I againg installed previous version by uninstalling the latest one. but no results.

Please help me in this problem

Your views will be appreciated

Re: Problem updating Mozilla Firefox Version

1. Open Firefox and choose the menu option ‘Tools’, and then select ‘Options.
    2. Click on the ‘Privacy’ tab, and then click on ‘Show Cookies’.
    3. Scroll down the list of cookies until you find the ‘aus2.mozilla.org’ cookie (they are in alphabetical order).
    4. Click on ‘Remove Cookie’.
    5. Check to see if the problem has been fixed by performing an update.
    6. Select the Firefox Help menu, then ‘Check for updates.
    7. If the problem has not been resolved please visit the mozillaZine software update page , or the Firefox support website for more details about what may be causing the Firefox update problem on your computer.

Window bounces and shakes. There have been reports in Bugzilla and MozillaZine forums of windows either bouncing or shaking when no items are in the toolbar and in other cases. As a workaround, there are some instructions at MozillaZine that can help resolve this problem.
    Some firewall software may silently block Firefox from running. This often happens immediately after Firefox has been installed or updated from a previous version. There are configuration instructions available for most popular firewall programs to help you ensure that Firefox is allowed to connect to the Internet.
    Dictionaries for several locales can't be packaged with the builds, and must be manually downloaded by right-clicking in a text area and selecting "Add Dictionaries..." from the shortcut menu. New dictionaries are regularly being added to Mozilla Add-ons, so if you don't see the particular dictionary you need, check back later.
    I'm the Proud Owner of the most dangerous weapon
    known to man kind: Human Brain

Access key definitions provided by web pages can now be triggered using Alt+Shift+key on Windows, Ctrl+key on Mac OS X, and Ctrl+Shift+key on Unix.
    The Session Restore functionality provided in Firefox 2 will restore connections to services which use session cookies to maintain login state such as GMail. It is recommended that users with concerns about the privacy implications of this behavior change the value of browser.sessionstore.resume_from_crash to false.
    The option for "Shrink to fit" has been removed in Firefox 2. If you wish to change this from the value you had set in your previous version of Firefox, change the value of browser.enable_automatic_image_resizing.
    Software Update will not work if Firefox is installed to a location on your disk to which you do not have write access, since Software Update needs to replace or create files in this location.
    Some financial institutions use port 563 for secure logins, which results in an error message. If you encounter this error, make sure that network.security.ports.banned.override includes 563 in the comma-separated list of banned network ports to override.

Poorly designed or incompatible extensions can cause problems with your browser, including make it crash, slow down page display, etc. If you encounter strange problems relating to parts of the browser no longer working, the browser not starting, windows with strange or distorted appearance, degraded performance, etc, you may be suffering from Extension or Theme trouble. Restart the browser in Safe Mode. On Windows, start using the "Safe Mode" shortcut created in your Start menu or by running firefox.exe -safe-mode. On Linux, start with ./firefox -safe-mode and on Mac OS X, run:

cd /Applications/Firefox.app/Contents/MacOS/
    ./firefox-bin -safe-mode
    When started in Safe Mode all extensions are disabled and the Default theme is used. Disable the Extension/Theme that is causing trouble and then start normally.
    If you uninstall an extension that is installed with your user profile (i.e. you installed it from a Web page) and then wish to install it for all user profiles using the -install-global-extension command line flag, you must restart the browser once to cleanse the profile extensions datasource of traces of that extension before installing with the switch. If you do not do this you may end up with a jammed entry in the Extensions list and will be unable to install the extension globally.
    If you encounter strange problems relating to bookmarks, downloads, window placement, toolbars, history, or other settings, it is recommended that you try creating a new profile and attempting to reproduce the problem before filing bugs. Create a new profile by running Firefox with the -P command line argument, choose the "Manage Profiles" button and then choose "Create Profile...". Migrate your settings files (Bookmarks, Saved Passwords, etc) over one by one, checking each time to see if the problems resurface. If you do find a particular profile data file is causing a problem, file a bug and attach the file.