Thread: How to Hide Profile On Facebook

How to Hide Profile On Facebook

Hi,
    I want to keep my profile on Facebook, but i don't want to allow people on my limited profile to see it in it's original size, Is it possible to hide your account in this way and yet still have your photos viewable by people ?
    "Yea though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death... I will fear no evil." -Psalms 23

K8N Diamond Plus (BIOS v1.2)
    AMD Athlon 64 X2 4400+
    Antec TruControl 550W
    NVidia GeForce 7900GT (NGO v1.8466 BETA)
    OCZ Platinum 2x1GB (2-3-2-5)
    SATA: WD740
    PATA: 2xWD2500, WD1200, NEC DVD/RW

Re: How to Hide Profile On Facebook

Hide Your Profile on Facebook

1. Sign on to the Facebook home page with your email address and password (see Resources below).
    2. Click on "My Privacy" to change who can see your profile. The My Privacy page lets you adjust each feature of your Facebook account separately. If you only want to hide certain features, like the mini-feed or photos, then adjust only those preferences.
    3. Click on "Edit Settings" for the limited profile. You will land on a page with a preview of your current limited profile.
    4. Choose all or none of the Facebook features you want people to see on your limited profile. To completely hide your profile, make sure all boxes are unchecked before hitting the "Save" button.
    5. Add people to the limited profile list from the My Privacy page. People you put on the list can only view the features you let them see. They will still be your friends, however.

Is it possible to hide your account in this way and yet still have your photos viewable by people ?
    For facebook you can only view profiles of people in the networks you belong to. You can view their photos if people who are "tagged" in them are your friends, and are now part of your friend's page. Face book is sort of confusing, it is also pretty limited, and is also somewhat turning into a myspace sort of page.

Hide Yourself Completely on Facebook

• Head to the "My Privacy" page while logged in to Facebook.
    • Search for users to add to the "Block People' list. You can add any user on Facebook. Once added, that user will not be able to view any part of your profile or find you when doing searches. This is the best way to hide completely from someone.
    • Find the user you want to block and simply click "Block Person" next to his or her name.
    • Click "Remove" next to the person's name if you later decide you don't want to block the person. If the person was your friend on Facebook, you will have to request to be his or her friend again.
    I'm the Proud Owner of the most dangerous weapon
    known to man kind: Human Brain