Thread: Yahoo Page Not Found Error 404

Yahoo Page Not Found Error 404

Hello, Yesterdays I Have a Emails Which Had some Pdf Document As Attachments , So When i open Them In My Browser i never had any problems opening then .But After Few Hour Later Again , when I try and open the attachment I get Yahoo error 404 " Sorry, the page you requested was not found". When I forward it To another Freinds and he Was able to open it I tried to compare all the settings and they seem to be the same.I am running Windows XP on my business computer for So many years with no problems. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks in Advance For your replies

Re: Yahoo Page Not Found Error 404

Hello , This either means that you have entered the wrong URL or that the address that you have requested has moved. Also, it can be linked to a server failure. What would be wise to do in first hand is to ping for the website, to see if it is still available through the server. To do this, simply go to the Start button and choose the Run command. Then, insert cmd. When the command window pops up, all you have to do is to insert 'ping en.kioskea.net' (or the website that you have to ping it for) and you will know if the server recognizes the website or if you have wrongly entered the name of the website.

The 404 or Not Found error message is an HTTP standard response code indicating that the client was able to communicate with the server but either the server could not find what was requested, or it was configured not to fulfill the request and did not reveal the reason why. 404 errors should not be confused with "server not found" or similar errors, in which a connection to the destination server could not be made at all.
    I'm the Proud Owner of the most dangerous weapon
    known to man kind: Human Brain

You can Try flushing your DNS cache.

Start > run > type: cmd

At the prompt, type: ipconfig /flushdns

Hope it Will Help You

you can try Logging out of Yahoo,then clean your browser cache and cookies, close your browser. You may even want to restart Windows to dump your memory. Open your browser and log back in to Yahoo Mail.

Check a Similar Problem On This Forums Error Message "404 Page Not Found"