Thread: Automatically open links in new Windows

sad Automatically open links in new Windows

Hey Friends

Whenever i try to access internet some of the links open in the new window while some links opens in the same window. Is there any problem with my web browser or do i have to change the settings of my web browser? Does any one have any idea about this issue? Kindly suggest me your views regarding to this issue. Any help on this would be appreciated.

Thanks

Re: Automatically open links in new Windows

These errors occurs due to the following reasons.
    • Two modes of operation- "auto" or "manual". In the former, all links on the page that do not match a list of excluded domains will open in a new window. In the later, a checkbox is displayed letting the user decide how these offsite links should open.
    • In "manual" mode, cookies are used to remember the user's checkbox setting for 30 days.

To resolve this issue follow the below step mention.

Try to put a check mark against the box Open off-site links in new window? If you want to open the link in the new window or other wise do it vice versa.

Re: Automatically open links in new Windows

Here are the top 5 reasons why you should beware of opening links in a new window:

1. Unless you warn them, Web users are likely to expect the new page to load in the current window. Unexpected surprises can be fun, but not when you're browsing the Web.

2. The act of opening a new browser window resets the back button in that window. The back button is the second most used navigation function (after hyperlinks) so resetting is a big problem.

3. To open a new browser window can disorient Web users and the visually impaired. They might not realise that a new window has opened and might struggle to switch between windows.

4. Opening a new browser window disrespects the desires of your users. If they want a new window, they'll ask for one. Don't force a new window upon users unless there's a very good reason to do so.

5. New browser windows can make an already cluttered taskbar even more difficult to use. We've all spent ages hunting through the taskbar in search of the window we want. Don't make this process even harder by increasing the number of windows the user has open.