Thread: Problem with Firefox 3.0.5

Problem with Firefox 3.0.5

hi,
    i had just installed Firefox 3.0.5 on windows vista based system.it never works right,slowdown in system performance. Still no word on what's causing this problem. I've checked our log files, turned on debugging, etc, and still I can't even get an error message or anything other than account doesn't exist.
    but when i try to reload teh page it doesn't gives problem in signing.

Is anyone else experiencing performance problems with Foxmarks and Firefox 3.0.5?

Re: Problem with Firefox 3.0.5

hi,
    I have the password part turned off; I'm only using the bookmark part. It is the worst when Firefox first starts. it is as if the live bookmarks are all loading (thus changing) while at the same time Foxmarks is updating and the both happening at the same time is death.

hi,
    Make sure Have you disabled JavaScript in Firefox or running some kind of script blocker addon.

hi
    i am also having a problem with Firefox 3.0.5 in the main column, anything below the actual post content just didn’t show up. it doesn't show anything below the intro to the first post On the home page.

hi,
    I was able to resolve it by surrounding the object tag with a floated div, although I have no idea why this worked. It appears to be a problem with Adblock.

Try this to speed up the performance:
    If you haven’t moved your mouse or touched the keyboard for 0.75 seconds (the content switch threshold) then Firefox enters a low frequency interrupt mode, which means its interface becomes less responsive but your page loads more quickly. Reducing the content switch threshold can improve performance, then, and it only takes a moment.

Type about:config and press [Enter], right-click in the window and select New > Integer. Type content.switch.threshold, click OK, enter 250000 (a quarter of a second) and click OK to finish.