Thread: Internal mail server

Internal mail server

Hello

I wonder if there is a possibility to configure a mail server on a NAS to connect with 2 pc to read my mail without being loaded 2 X. Currently I have an account on bluewin and leave mail on server 1 bluewin months so I can see them when I connect with Internet Explorer.

I put the PST file into a directory on a NAS. I use Outlook 2007 and 2 pc point to the same pst file. When I connect with my pc it loads mails and then if I did the same with the other pc, I recharge mails a 2nd time and that is what I avoid. I want to recharge it that the mails that have not been charged with other PC and leaving them on the server bluewin 1 month.

Thank you for your answers

Re: Internal mail server

Hello,

is the problem because you centralize your pst file to the NAS. Each PC has access to everything (server Bluewin / archive NAS).

"I want to recharge it that the mails that have not been charged with other PC and leaving them on the server bluewin 1 month."
    If you want to talk about local sync offline (. Ost), this is disabled in the options. Each tie the score Outlook mail that are on the server without the cache on the local disk.

It is a NAS that some have a "fetch mail" to create an agent messaging. Check if your NAS permits.

Otherwise most of the work with a NAS system based on Linux. It is indeed possible to install a mail server via ssh, but it will require a solid knowledge ...

Hello
    The problem is that even if the pst file is about nas, recharge Outlook mail from the server bluewin and even if they have already been charged by the other pc. I think the pst file keeps only the mails but not charge the news that they have already been charged, the news must be locally on each pc I think. The problem could be solved by deleting the server but I use to more access to mail from Internet Explorer. I think of something else, it is possible to install outlook on the NAS and have a shortcut on each PC to access outlook from the NAS?

Hello,

If the messages (in PST) are not deleted from the server, it is normal that they appear twice (1x in the inbox, and 1x in the tree of the archive) . Sorry, but I still do not understand or is the problem. If you want to avoid the fact that each customer stock cache offline on their local disk, you must configure Outlook so.

For an agent messaging, Exchange is disproportionate and too expensive for an individual. There are however very functional solutions for Linux.

noltyx Guest

hm...interesting...