Thread: Can download things via uTorrent but cannot surf internet via IE7 or Firefox

Can download things via uTorrent but cannot surf internet via IE7 or Firefox

I am having some problems since couple of days. I arrived a place where I could not surf the Internet, although I can download things via uTorrent. I tried connecting to the Internet via other pc of my house and it worked.

Things that I've tried:
    - Removed my IP, done a repair and automatically obtain an IP address
    - update my wifi drivers
    - disabled my network card driver to avoid conflict
    - Enable the network adapter and Ethernet connection
    - Have the same parameters and wireless Internet than a home PC
    - Tried to surf with IE7 or Mozilla
    - System Restore to the previous date

All these attempts did not worked either. I have really no idea and therefore I want your help.

Re: Can download things via uTorrent but cannot surf internet via IE7 or Firefox

Are you having firewall and/or antivirus? Which? Are they active? Just confirm if your firewall and/or antivirus is blocking some port (especially port 80).

Re: Can download things via uTorrent but cannot surf internet via IE7 or Firefox

I have Vista operating system and so I am using Windows firewall by default and my antivirus is NOD32. I have deactivated NOD32 antivirus and I do not always suffer from this kind of problem of Internet.

Does it work in Safe Mode? Also check if your DNS servers are configured on this system. Also could be the issue of redirected proxy enabled or any software that is blocking the internet.

I would like to inform you that μtorrent generally works because it uses another protocol.

No it could not be firewall blocking because I had formatted yesterday and so I think there should not be even any virus issues also.

Just try using Kaspersky Internet Security 2009. Also disable the real-time protection of Windows Defender!

Hope this will help you.