View Poll Results: New section - Education and Careers ( something like that)

Voters
97. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes.I agree it will be helpful

92 94.85%
  • No. - Reply Why

0 0%
  • There are lots of places where I can find them.

5 5.15%

Thread: New Forums Request - Career Advice, Job Referrals, Higher studies (India and abroad).

Venkat Guest

idea New Forums Request - Career Advice, Job Referrals, Higher studies (India and abroad).

As far as I know ,there are lots of ppl at TA who are either in high school or into Colleges or just into the job.Now that means soon some are going to look out for good collleges,some for courses which will help them give a boost to their chances of getting a good job.
    Since I have just completed my Degree and will be placed in a software Co. soon,in a year or so I will be in a position to refer someone or help someone getting a job..Infact even now I get many referrals which I can't make use of.
    So why not open up a new section where we can discuss about Career Advice,Job referrals,Higher studies(India and abroad).It may be slow starter but if it picks up then it would not only be helpful for everyone but also great crowd puller at TA.
    What say?

Having a Career section alongwith rest of forums will be a good start for new users and job-seekers, they may share there expereinces guidance with each other.
    this will take a long time, for companies to come here searching for candidates
    but certainly a good idea.
    While networking is appropriate in online forums that are specifically designed for career and employment networking, be careful in forums that are new or that you don't understand adding career forums to TechArena is a good idea as far as it is maintained properly here.

Do you really want to study abroad or just make money being abroad...

Hi Guys,
    Actually it is most important to recognise what you want to do... study - which means big money later or money now --- small money now till you finish your course.
    Guys I know people who do not even know which college an University they want to join ... just want to be abroad ....
    I know people in my town here who never pass a course .... what can they offer people who want to join the same university .... and they are not making things easier for new comers ...
    anyway want to study in alborg uiversity in Denmark...
    Visit : http://www.aau.dk/english/index.htm

Aalborg University
    P.O.Box 159,
    DK-9100 Aalborg.
    Denmark
    E-mail: studiekontor@adm.aau.dk
    Main telephone switchboard: (+45) 9635 8080

Yeah! I think this is a wonderful section that can be made. Useful to those ppl who are having problems choosing a career as well as to those looking for perfect job oportunities and where to search for them!!!!

ThumbsUp

This is a great idea. If we can also add information about careers etc.
    like there are people opting for various courses MBA and others we can provide guides information to them

there are already lot many members who are doing this here.
    a very good information portal can be build up

i dont find many good sites related to this in india but there are a few forums

so think about adding this sections, its going to very useful for learners and new users in selecting there fields/professions

Suggestions pls....

There are still a few things that should be sorted out ....

Obviously theyre gonna be project,placement,coaching,interview related issues talked bout here...but for it to be 'ilterally' fruitful .... we ned to address the options for setting it up ...

1.Will the companies be allowed to recruit ? will it turn to be a placement camp ? We could have industry personnel giving interviews,tipcs,pre placement talks,etc .... so what is the interface we are going to have for companies ?

2.Do we want resumes to be thrown all over the place....this might not prove most eficinet....imagine each and eceryone creating a new thread saying ... "look at me ...pls hire me " . SO, maybe we can have the option of showing 'my resume' ...along with 'my rig' .

3. Should we concentrate on jobs/and resumes or ..... referrals,recommendations,tips,and job relate info rather than actual physical jobs...they are a few job oriented sites that already have large databases with vacany info....so do we have to add to that ?! or maybe we can use the userbase we have for the job sites to pay a premium to access or some sort of premium for companies....rememebr if cant beat them ,we can make them oin us

4.any other tips... things we need to concentrate on or focus on ?we need to see how best this can be used to help TA users...
    Keep Clicking,
    Bosky

this additional solutions will be handy to many people. when is career forum to be started ?

Systemic Anamoly Guest
    well i was kinda thinking on this but didnt want to start a new thread on it

people can post their ideas or URLs on certification courses available as well IMO there are school and college goers they might be interested in this as well

the Students @ TA will definetly get something to put on their resume apart from the degree

Quote Originally Posted by cinestar
    when do this career forums start ?
    Few final things are being finalized, will be up sooner than you expected.

As always, hang tight!
    www.techarena.in

Quote Originally Posted by ~Romil
    Few final things are being finalized, will be up sooner than you expected.

As always, hang tight!
    hi sir
    when this forum starts i have questions to ask about mcse or ccna selections
    Click here to greet a new member!
    No experience needed and it feels great!

^^ he he, my name is ~Romil and not "sir"

Buddy, give us some more time, few vital things to be fixed before we implement the new forum plans.

However, in the meantime, please feel free to open a new thread under "General, Off-topic Chat" section and you'll surely get some helpful advice from fellow members.

Thanks for bearing.
    www.techarena.in

Can't tell u any fixed dates, but it'll be coming soon!
    As soon as the new TA team is formed and stabilised! (as told by bhaskar)

New Forum to discuss about your education, career planning and job enquiry is up and running