Thread: Does a free Wordpress theme is better than paid one

Does a free Wordpress theme is better than paid one

I am going to start a small site for my products. It will just show the information about different products and services I offered. I want to know that going to for a free WordPress theme is better or there are more benefits of a paid one. I am not able to find any solution for the same. I am quite sure there will be some reason why many recommend to go with the paid themes. I can see that there are good themes which starts from $50. I am unable to find a cheaper one. It is a starting point of my site so I think going for a cheaper one will be surely more helpful compare to a paid one.

Re: Does a free Wordpress theme is better than paid one

Depends on your requirement. If you go with free then you get minimum customization on that. You have to go for the paid version where you get more benefits. Like you get a separate customization panel, you have a lot of seo settings in that and you can also manage different things. Free themes are limited and does not has much to do. While compare to that paid themes are more unique and better. They are optimized to work well and does not freeze much. So it is good if you can spend one time and buy a nice theme with different features you are looking for. It will be the best option for you.

I am using a free theme and it is limited. I made a site on my work profile. I do not simply provide any kind of product to buy. So I go ahead with a static site which just give general information. Here I do not really need much changes in my site. Sometime I update new articles and that is like once in a week. For this kind of site a simple wordpress site is more than enough. But for a dynamic site you will need more features. Without which things are not going to work well. You can find those themes on various online site and you can download them and test.

If you wanna showcase only your product and services on website then free wordpress theme will work for you as your requirement is limited for using free one will be better.