Thread: How to dump stock rom of any android phone

How to dump stock rom of any android phone

From very long time I am trying to find out a easy way through which I can dump stock rom of any android phone. Many new devices comes out in the market and it is not easy to find stock rom. If there is some tool through which we can dump the rom it would be a lot more easy for us to root and play with other custom roms. It looks like some kind of very complicated process. I had seen that this can be done through Android Studio. After installation that still I am unable to find anything. I hope there will be some way of doing this. Any developer can guide well.

Re: How to dump stock rom of any android phone

Dumping a stock rom is not easy. You have to learn about Android OS for that. I will not say that it is not possible, it is but there are some essential thing that developer can only figure out. Like creating the scatter file or pit files for Samsung mobile. Each device has a different kind of hardware system. Now if talk about the MTK chipset then process will be same. But branded phone are having more advance technology which makes this thing a lot more complicated. Learn Android development and you will be able to figure out to do this some day.

The process is not easy. Because once you are done with dumping a rom you have to test that whether it is going to work or not. Developers who have knowledge in doing this are expert and they know very well about files they are creating. It happens that if you do not do this properly your device can brick. There are very less tools available on the web. It is the part of programming. So I do not think you can just do this through some third party software. Dumping rom requires skills and knowledge in android files. You have to understand and learn about different aspects.

The most simple and fastest way of doing this is by rooting and using a cust0m boot loader to pull the stock rom. Like TWRP. But you will loose the device warranty. This will help you to backup your entire rom in the the way it is. And then you can restore that. But I do not really think you can share that with others who are having the same kind of devices. Because this backup is created for your devices only. Which will include your phone settings, imei number, etc. If you share with others then this backup can create issue in their phone.

I was able to find a option through which you can pull the stock rom of MTK devices. For that you need MTK Usb drivers, MTK Droid Root and Tools, Sp Flash tools, Scatter File, etc. Now the process begins here by install the usb drivers. And then using the MTK Droid tools to pull the rom. But the process in not so easy. You have to ready your system for many things. There is a nice guide on that on web. That can be used for doing the backup stuff. It is very important to find the right usb drivers. I am quiet sure that then only it might work and will give you a proper output.

That is why Google devices are the best one for rooting and for testing purpose. Google officially offer you all stock rom download. The restoration process is very simple and easy. IT gives you all files that you need to play with your device and also it is easy to restore the warranty back as it was before. You don't have to be a expert programmer if you have a Moto series phone. Just go on the official site get the stock rom and files and done. Root and test whatever you want. Once done you can just restore the stock rom back and get your device original state back.