Thread: Cannot enable FBConnect on Vbulletin 4.2.2

Cannot enable FBConnect on Vbulletin 4.2.2

From past few weeks I am trying to configure FBConnect plugin on Vbulletin. I was using the 3.0 edition before. Later on I updated to Vbulletin 4.2.2. It has a default Facebook Connect option in the same. At first as I am new in development I tried following a guide on Vbulletin forums. That showed that I have to add the site url under Connect section on Facebook. Which I am yet not able to find. I tried all the settings, checked in all pagers on developers page of Facebook but this Connect section is missing.

Re: Cannot enable FBConnect on Vbulletin 4.2.2

I think you must try to find a third party Facebook connect plugin instead of using the default one. There is some issue with that. I found a lots of queries like this and none of them are having solution. All users are having the problem. Even if you anyhow configure the plugin you will get a redirection loop error on your browser. That is because Facebook has done some changes in its login thing. And for old cms this will be hard to configure unless you have a very hard core knowledge in php and using java.

Re: Cannot enable FBConnect on Vbulletin 4.2.2

It is not going to work. Manually it might be possible if you write a custom code, but through the default plugin it is quiet not possible. That is because Facebook has updated its API and this new API is not compatible with old cms. That is the reason you are unable to see that Connect section. Those who are using the same login thing from long time will be able to use it. But those who are trying to create a new login have to upgrade their cms or just follow the manual way of a creating a login script.