Thread: Wordpress anti-spam plugin for a download website

Wordpress anti-spam plugin for a download website

Which plugin would be great for a WordPress site that is designed for download work. I want a good one that can help me to protect my site from spammers. I have a tiny download site. When people download and face any issue with the same they add their comments. This place is being exploited by the spammers. I had seen many fake users try to post links in the same and this is not so easy for me to clean. It takes hours for me to clear up the spam from that location. Does not anyone has any idea how can I deal with the same. How I can simply automate the spam thing. So that WordPress can delete those comments without showing me.

Re: Wordpress anti-spam plugin for a download website

If you need a basic plugin to control the spam then you can try out Anti-spam by CleanTalk. This one brings you 4 in 1 protection for your website. It protect your sites from spams that are done in the login page, on the comment box and even in the contact page. It is very easy to use and has effective way to customize the same. Once you add this you wont have to worry much about spam. Because this plugin will block then automatically. I do not think there is any other faster way of controlling spam on your site. Just try it out. There are many plugins like this that can help you to protect your site from spamming.

Re: Wordpress anti-spam plugin for a download website

There is one more thing that you can try out is AVH First Defense Against Spam. This one will help you to get simple ability through which you can block a lot of spammers through the same. The best part of using this plugin is that it will automatically identify the spam comments and links and will block them. So there is on need to go with manual check. It has a option for blacklisting the IP address of the person who is spamming on your website. So that next time if he visit back again he will not be allowed to do that.