Thread: How to use Microsoft Webmatrix for making website

How to use Microsoft Webmatrix for making website

I am searching on web to find a good tool for making a nice website. I found Mcirosfot Webmatrix. I want a bit information on using the same. How it works and is it simple to use. I am not using any software till yet. I edit my html files directly. And sometime I use cms like Wordpress. I want a more comprehensive way to create a nice and effective site. In a cms you are limited to many thing. You cannot just modify them because it is fixed and to make changes you must know php till core. I want to create a site from scratch and hope webmatrix can help.

Re: How to use Microsoft Webmatrix for making website

The good part of using WebMatrix is that it is a free tool. You dont have to pay anything for the same. It is lightweight and comes with cloud integration. That means you can access your code from anywhere. But you have to learn that for using it more effectively. You can use the tool to create and publish difference type sites. As this tool supports variety of development languages. And through the same you can also learn to maintain your website. Just download and test and see whether it is not much complicated to understand.

I think Microsoft Webmatrix is bit complicated to use. It is good if you can go with more simpler process. There are ample of different options through which you can make sites. And there are many ready to use framework. You can use them also. If you need a good platform then I do not think there is anything better than visual basic. It is great and has advance support. I had tested webmatrix a few time and do not find it much effective. If you want to go with advance work then try to choose a better one.

I am working on Dreamweaver and I am quiet sure there is nothing better than this. Dreamweaver is a complete pack of suite that you need for website development. If you want to start then go with Adobe Dreamweaver CC. A new pack. You can test out the trail to find out what is the difference. At start I am quiet sure this kind of programs will confuse you. But this are good enough for making small to advance site. You can find the trial on web. Compare to that Webmatrix is new and there are many things that will be hard to learn.

Microsoft WebMatrix is great for those who want it for a personal usage. While compare to that Adobe Dreamweaver CC is for a entire enterprise. Where too many developers are working in a team and they have a common objective. If you want to make site for your own self or on small scale then going for Microsoft WebMatrix will be a great choice for you. That is because it is simple and has not many options. You will have to pay a good amount of money for buying Adobe Dreamweaver CC while, Microsoft Webmatrix comes free.

You must also compare the features both of them are offering before going for the same. So that it would be easier for you to identity which is good an which is not. Microsoft WebMatrix does not has a flash support. You cant create flash things in it. For that you have to use the Adobe Dreamweaver. The good part of using Webmatrix is that you have option to use keywords and meta tags on the same. But there is no option to backup your site. also there is a lack of support for multimedia files.