Thread: Confused between php and java for web development

Confused between php and java for web development

Among php and java which is the best one for website development. Many of my friends are suggesting me php because it is open source and easy to learn. While when I searched online then many articles based on web development are referring to go with JAVA due to its scalable features. I found JAVA courses also costly compare to php. I want to learn site development but before that I want to choose the right platform where I can get more better benefits in future.

Re: Confused between php and java for web development

Both languages comes with different characteristics. Like JAVA is Object-oriented, structured and imperative while php is Imperative, object, functional, procedural, reflective and a interpreted language. Both are good but to choose can be confusing. Today php is widely used programming language due to its server side benefits. That means things are triggered from the server instead of host pc. While JAVA is a client side programming language.

Java is quiet popular for mobile platform. To some extent it is bit difficult to compare this two languages. Here everything depends on structure and quality of development. Many people prefer to go with php due to its open source feature and available of free community support. Updating a PHP application is very easy and you can do that by overwriting the previous codes. This help the developers to work more efficiently. But JAVA works on frame work.

Today android is the most popular mobile operating system which is built on Java. It is your choice in which category you want to work. If you are going for web development then you have to understand a number of different programming languages. Or else you cannot find which is good or which is bad. Here Java programming language can help you to make executable that run on computers. Every operating system today comes with JAVA support.

PHP remains limited for small website. That is because it is only a server side scripting language. Here the entire source code of PHP should be stored on a server and it can be run through the web browser. Where JAVA can be run through a pc. Once download still the user can access the application. PHP is ideal for a static and dynamic sites on small level where a it is used only for displaying information.

One good part of using Java is that it provides you a number of tools through which you can create a reliable system for your business. This is very easy to design up a good business module when it comes to data efficiency. JAVA can help you to explore and take benefit of cloud. This is the thing that PHP scripts do not have. For extra things you have to use different plugins which can make job more complicated and requires a big team to manage.

go for PHP! better... but java still remain ...

I feel java is use the most and i would also prefer java for web development.