Thread: Images slow down the wordpress website

Images slow down the wordpress website

I want a bit help here to simply improve my site performance. I am having a bit issue with the slow performance. The site just slow down on its own due to lack of proper image optimization. I had hooked a gallery on the main page which cover the major part. But when I open that site on any other place it is very slow. I am quiet sure the issue is with the site images. I want a bit help here to improve this. How can shrink the image size.

Re: Images slow down the wordpress website

You had not optimized the images properly due to which you are facing the issue. You have to download them all together and then you can upload them by reducing the size. There is a very quick way of doing the same. When you upload a file Wordpress create a date wise folder and keep them in it. You can connect to your site through ftp and download those images. Open them in picture manager and choose Edit. Click on Resize and select Web Large. Apply to all of them and re-upload. Overwrite the images of server and done.

That would be a very long process. Because in that you have to download the images and then you have to re-upload them. The good things about WordPress is that you can use so many plugins for the same. Just go in your admin panel and install EWWW Image Optimizer. This is one of the best plugin the market that will give you option to optimize your image and give you a more appropriate output. It will automatically control the image properties.

I am using this plugin and it is very nice. I was also having the site performance issue before. The site was slow. I am having a photography website. Later on I added EWWW Image Optimizer in the same and now this WordPress plugin is working really well. I am able to get good quality image output through the same. The images are optimized automatically and work well. They load fast now.

If you are adding this plugin then try to add EWWW Image Optimizer Cloud with the same. Here when you use the plugin it creates a lightweight copy of your images. And through EWWW Image Optimizer Cloud you can have them forever. Because those images remain on the cloud and load really fast. This plugin try to produce the smallest size image and then it load fast due to a cloud support.

There are many image optimization plugin available. I am gong to recommend you some of them which are really helpful. Like WP Smush.it. This app is good for those who are having too many images on your site. This app help you to compress images making them more lower in size and you can share them instantly. And if you need something seo support then you can try and go for SEO Friendly Images. This one is another simple plugin but with good seo support.