Thread: Difference between Wordpress 3.7 and 3.8

Difference between Wordpress 3.7 and 3.8

I just got update popup for Wordpress 3.8. My site is working quiet fine. It looks to be stable from all angle and I am having more than 15 plugins in that. Some of them are old. I want to know the new things in 3.8 version. If it is important I will update or else I will simply skip the same. I do not want to mess with all the settings. It will be complicated later to manage it back.

Re: Difference between Wordpress 3.7 and 3.8

Two things I notice is there is a new theme in the update. If you are using a custom or any other third party theme then you can ignore the same. The second thing which is important is a more responsive dashboard. There are many new things added in that, which makes the site layout extremely awesome. You can simply navigate to different places through it instantly. The dashboard looks better on tablet pc also.

WordPress 3.8 update brings up more new thing. Most of the new things are in the UI and themes. While other things are not really awesome. If you are not happy with the current look then you can go with the new one. Or else you can still stick to your current website. I do think it is really important to upgrade. I had not notice any major security update in the new version. The new Twenty Fourteen theme offer you a more impressive style.

Major improvement lines in the media stuff. You can instantly resize a photo and video directly in the editor. It works really well and nice. You can drag and fix the size. I had tested the new version and it is really effective. Major changes lies in the interface. It is more cool this time. Plugins are displayed more properly. You can easily access various internal menus through one click. I think you must update.

There are lots of security benefits which will help you to get a more proper output. You must update that. 3.8 features a clean design where you can simply manage your site properly. It also provide you a Clean typography. The update has a new theme management system where you can modify the site as per your need. Also the performance is bit improved. For security benefits always upgrade to new version.

Sometime it happens when you blindly update to a new version some plugins in the website stop working. I had always face this problem when I am on a new wp site. Many of client complain about plugin problem after upgrade. You have to check that always. See that your plugins are compatible or not. If they are then upgrade and if not then you have to find a alternative solution for the same.

After upgrading you will get the details on the screen itself. I had just recently updated the same and I got a few nice features. You will get onscreen instructions for the same. The main changes are in the UI where you get a new font which is bigger and clear. This makes the visibility more better when you are accessing your site on tablet pc. You have a better theme management this time. I think this new update will not give you plugin update issue.

I want a bit enhancement in spam management. WordPress must come with some internal addon which can control spam on its own. It completely relies on third party addons. I had seen a few plugin when you add them your site is slow and you cannot manage it properly. It becomes extremely complicated to find the right plugin that will not hamper the performance. For small website this is a bit issue.