Thread: Among Drupal and Wordpress which has best feature for Spam control

Among Drupal and Wordpress which has best feature for Spam control

Among Drupal and WordPress which one provide the best spam control features. I am not able to find the right answer here. Many says drupal is best if you want a good dynamic website well many says that WordPress is the easiest one to use. But which one give the best spam control feature. I am going to make a community in that where users will register and ask question. I want some help to find the best solution.

Re: Among Drupal and Wordpress which has best feature for Spam control

I will go with Wordpress here due to so much different plugins available for it. I do not think you can find that much amount of plugins for drupal. You can use many things in WordPress for controlling the spam. That is the easiest way. You can also remove and modify the plugins as per your need. I will advice you to go ahead with WordPress. You can make a test site and install different things on it.

I also think WordPress is the best one for spam control. Here you have various plugins to use. The best among them all is WebPurify Profanity Filter. Once you apply the plugin you can simply get the best spam control. It is a kind of filter that block spam on the basis of words and phrases. The best part of this plugin is that it comes in many different languages. You can get more from the premium edition.

Compare to Wordpress, Drupal does not has that much variety. I found one plugin that is effective against spam. It is called as Mollom. It is a kind of content monitor tool that help your site o remain safe and secure. This plugin can also help you to improve your site content quality. You can test this out first before finally applying it on your site. It is free I think. Just visit the official website to get more info on it.

I have a WordPress website and I am using Defensio Antispam on it. This is amazing tool for controlling spam. It works fine and does not affect the site performance. Before this I was on Drupal. I was facing problem with site performance and space. I switched to WordPress a few months ago and I found it really amazing. If you are going to use WP then go for Defensio Anti-Spam. It is a professional software.

Drupal is good when you are willing to get a powerful dynamic website. It has many versatile options that can help you in future when you want to enhance your website more. And also you can apply a good spam control stuff on it. If you need a basic site only then stick with WordPress. That will be enough. You just have to apply some plugins and done. The site will work fine.

I also think Wordpess is good. That is because of many things. This cms has a decent design and it looks really awesome. You can add many themes on it making it very effective in look. You can add stuff of your choice. And there are many spam control plugins. I had not seen much fro drupal. If you are not happy with anyone of it then you can try something other. It is also very easy to find wordpress developers. They charge less for developing custom plugins.

Most of this cms does not comes internal spam control feature. It is on you what you want. Compare to Drupal, Wordpress is easy to manage. Because it has everything you want. You get a nice customized interface, good plugin support and amazing themes. Many of them are free on the web. Even if you use Joomla you have to use a third party spam control thing. Better stick with one which is the easiest. This will save a lot time.

You'll have to use plugins for either to protect it.

However I think spam is an issue with any software that allows input so you have to also configure these things to be more effective.