Thread: Plugin to speed up website built on Drupal

Plugin to speed up website built on Drupal

I am new to web development. I had started working on drupal. It is bit confusing to understand. I want some help to make a site faster in it. The demo site that I had made is very slow. It is not giving faster performance. I had tried different methods but nothing looks to be working. I am running the site in my local host and on that it is working slow then surely it will be slow on a web server also. What should I do here to fix the problem.

Re: Plugin to speed up website built on Drupal

There might to many things on your site due to which it is slow. Like heavy images, themes, etc. You have to trim it down. The best thing to increase site performance is using a cdn. You can buy a budget cdn today. It is good for all those who need a performance site. If you cannot afford that then you have to ahead with very basic theme. Or else the site output is going to remain the same. There are different testing tool online that can tell what is the problem in the site.

You do that by optimizing the database. You can use certain plugin to optimize your database and increase the site speed. Third party plugins are easy to use. Just find any good one and click on optimize tablet. That's it. The site performance will be bit more better compared to what you are getting right-now. To get a bit more information on that you can go on the official site for complete documentation. It has more detailed procedure of optimizing the database.

Download and add DBMaintenance on your website. That will help you more in fixing the issue. DBMaintenance is a nice tiny tool that can help you to optimize the database and get proper output. It does everything for you. You just have to add this. Whenever you feel that your site is working slow go in DBMaintenance and optimize it. It is good to run this once in a week so that your site remains faster.