Thread: Want help to migrate entire WordPress website to new server

Want help to migrate entire WordPress website to new server

I am having some WordPress site. The server subscription is going to expire at the end of this month. I want some help here to migrate them to a new server. I had not found any thing to do that. The guy from whom I had bought the server tells that he will do that but he is charging a big amount to me. I want some help here for easy migration. Most of the website that I have is static. They are company profile websites.

Re: Want help to migrate entire WordPress website to new server

You can do that through a plugin. You just have to add and then create a package of your site which will be later on installed on the new server. Later on you have to do changes in the name sever of your domain. And that's it within 2 days your site will be reflected on new place. You can use WordPress Duplicator for that. This is a nice tiny plugin that works really fine and offer you option to migrate, clone or copy a entire WordPress site in a new place. It is the easiest one.

I had used that plugin it is amazing. It has two step to migrate your site. First you have to build a package of your entire site. This copies the database also. At the end you will get two file a archive of your website and a installer.php. Just copy both of them to the root directory and launch yoursitename.com/installer.php. That's it. This site will be installed on the new server.

If you need something that can migrate your site directly from your existing server then try WordPress Move. Add the plugin and you have to provide your server details in it. You can select what files you want to put. In the location you can either provide root directory or any separate folder. That's it. Run the plugin and done. Same website will be installed on your new server instantly.