Thread: Which text editor will be great for writing website codes

Which text editor will be great for writing website codes

I am going to start my course in programming. I got some sample codes to test out which is based on a basic site development. Rightnow I am using Notepad as the only text editor. But I found it really complicated. It is not easy to find something in long code list. I am looking for a good text editor that can be used for writing code. Some additional features can be more helpful in searching for particular stuff.

Re: Which text editor will be great for writing website codes

I think Notepad++ is one of the best text editor available for writing codes. It is a wide choice of many people. I had seen people using it, especial programmers. It offers you to open different text files in the same window. A kind of tab browsing feature.

I also think Notepad++ is great. It is simple to use with many advance features and allow error detection also. 'But still if you are looking for more better text editors then there are ample of them available. I will recommend you to test Crimson Editor. I use this in old times. It is very light weight text editor with macros support. You can also use different languages in it. I think this would be a great editor for you. It has a two column layout where you can simply select the file from the left side and view the same on the right. You can then modify it. The best part of using this text editor software is that it comes with a built in ftp too. Through which you can just instantly upload the files on a server. So there is no need to worry about a third party ftp tool also. I think this text editor will be really effective for beginner and all kind of programmers. It is simple to use with a bit outdated but effective UI.

I will stick with Notepad++. I am using this from long time and I am quiet use to the same. It is extremely easy to use. It is having some kind of error detection which tells use in red if the code is not proper. I think you must try this first.

There are various text editor available. Now this is good for those who loves to go with manual coding. Here you can go with each and every stuff manually by writing every piece of code. So you need a effective tool Notepad++ is a text editor. You must also try to find some kind of project management tool that can keep a track on what is going on. Now there many text editor tools available like Komodo Edit, jEdit, etc which can help you to write proper codes. What matters is finding a proper tool that can also be effective in bug tracking. Most of the time code generation is not proper due to which you face bug after application development. So it is essential that you must also rely on a specific bug tracking software.