Thread: How to build a database driven website

How to build a database driven website

I am using php to build static websites. I had worked on some dynamic site also. I got a new project which has more database work compare to web pages. I need some help to find out different ways to build a database driven website. I want to use php for the same. I never worked more on mysql but I am having enough knowledge to use it. I need some easy to use framework that can guide me to build a easy website instantly. I hope that this really not so complicated. What are the options here available.

Re: How to build a database driven website

It is only possible through MySQL. There are ample of ready to use cms like Vbulletin that can help you to instantly create a discussion board. There is no need to indulge more on the coding part. The webpages here act as the interface while everything in the background is manage buy the database. There is nothing better than php here. The combination of both offers you to great a unique site with rich interface and great performance. The content here lies inside the database instead on the site. So this is another kind of dynamic website. The data here is pulled on the web pages. You just need to link them properly. There are two ways of doing this. First you can go with a manual coding by writing each script on your own and second as I mentioned above you can go with a framework like Drupal. Ample of them are free to use and offers a simple solution for updating a website.

The best framework for all this kind of stuff is wordpress. You can create ample of static pages through this framework. It is heavily customizable and offers hundreds of plugins for different work. I will recommend you to download this and test it first. i think this will be more appropriate.

Database driven website are called as Dynamic website. This are mostly designed for content. I also recommend wordpress. It is one of the best framework available on the web which offers you instant way of creating a website. Going for a manual process it a bit complicated and also takes are ally long time. It is better to go with ready to use cms. There are ample of them. The benefit of using a cms is that you can simply create and customize the website easily. I tis easy to handle also. And for the end user it is also easier to manage. Just go for wordpress. This is one of the most simplest cms available on web with ample of features and simple layout. Site designed works really fine in terms of performance also. The cms has a large database of free plugin. You can hook a social networking plugin on it or simply add video plugin to make your site design more attractive. I think you must test the same and then check back.

I am working on the same. I got a project from school where I have to design a website that offers student a set of free study material. I am working wordpress only. I had created a complete new design that looks really great and has nice interface also. I think you must try that once.