Thread: Need help for corrupted online MSDN Library

Need help for corrupted online MSDN Library

I am having some problem in viewing the online MSDN library. I was using http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/default.aspx and I was not able to program anything without this. There was never problem with this. I was going through this page http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/db5x7c0d.aspx and clicked on the "VB" which can be seen at the top of the example code. After this the page is showing me “Sorry for the size”. I found that all the MSDN Library pages are affected. There is no problem when I view as of the Lightweight to ScriptFree otherwise Classic. But I wish to get the MSDN Library pages within the Lightweight view again. Can somebody over here help me to get the solution for this? If somebody over here has any suggestion for me then please let me know that. Thank you so much.

Re: Need help for corrupted online MSDN Library

Very first thing that you need to do is to clear the hisry of the browser and cache. Along with this, you can also clear the cookies, active logins as well as site preferences. Once this is done then restart the browser and see if you get the same problem again or not. If this solves the problem then it is fine otherwise you can try by changing the browser and use some other browser. My suggestion to you is to use the Internet Explorer 9 otherwise Mozilla Firefox. Other than this, there is one last thing that you can do is to make us of proxy server and see if the pages get loaded or not. So these are the things that you can try out first and see if this is helpful to you. After doing these also, if you are facing the same problem then please post back and we will try to get some alternate fix for that.

Sorry that I am starting this in running topic but I think that this is the perfect place to put my issue. I am having some problem with the MSDN files. Whenever I try to install the Visual Studio .NET or its components with the MSDN library (in English) then it aborts the installation process and shows me the message that says “MSDN files corrupted”. I tried to do it many of the times but all the times it comes up with the same thing. Can somebody here guess that what is the problem with it or how can the problem be resolved? I have searched a lot for this on web but not got any solution that can work for this. If you have any helpful suggestion for me then please let me know that. Thank you so much.

If you are installing the Visual Studio .NET (VS NET) otherwise its component which is having MSDN library then issues can be happen while installation or when you are accessing the VS .NET or MSDN Library. You may also face this issue if the third-party software is not disabled through Msconfig.exe while installing the software. You may also get the same problem if you are sunning some other application while installing it. So there are the things that you must care while the installation.

Here are several ways to circumvent the problem.
    • Update the driver: Contact the manufacturer of DVD-ROM to see if an updated driver is available. Contact your hardware manufacturer before applying updates because of an incorrect driver update can damage your hardware. There are many of the issues like this which get resolved after the driver update and I hope that it will be the same for you.
    • Disable DMA access: In some cases, you can solve the problem by disabling the direct memory access (DMA) for both the unity of the local hard drive and DVD. The direct memory access or DMA is a computerized process where data traveling to or from a device (communication port, hard drive) are transferred directly through a controller adapted to the main memory of the machine, without the intervention of the microprocessor if it is to initiate and conclude the transfer. The completion of the transfer or availability of the device can be identified by interruption.
    • Install from CD: Install programs from a CD instead of hard drive. Many of the times, when installing programs directly from the hard drive then it give error. So it will be better for you to try to install it from the CD.

Copy all files to a DVD-ROM disk drive, confirm that the files were copied correctly, and then reinstall the copy of your hard drive. Copy the files to DVD-ROM disk drive. Use either a copy method that will check each file copy or use the fc command to verify that the files were copied correctly. If the files are not copied properly then you can re-copy and re-verify using the fc command. After copying all the files on the hard drive correctly, run Setup.exe from your hard drive. I would like to tell you that this problem has been identified as generally a problem in the driver or firmware for some DVD-ROM drive. This error was corrected in Visual Studio .NET (2003) and. NET Framework 1.1.

To demonstrate the use of configuration functions and error handling processing, you will need to create a flat file example, during processing, resulting in the failure of a component. During this task, you create a copy of an existing flat file. Then you open that file in Notepad and modify the column CurrencyID to ensure that no correspondence can be established during the search for transformations. When processing the new file, the failure of the research will in turn precipitate the failure of the Lookup Currency Key transformation and, consequently, the rest of the package. Once the file is corrupted instance created, you run the package to examine its failure.