Thread: How to fix error "no acceptable compiler found in $path means "

How to fix error "no acceptable compiler found in $path means "

I am getting a error when I am installing MD5deep in Mac. I am installing this from terminal and while running the setup it popups the error. Right now there is Xcode installed in my system. So what should I do to make the error go by providing a proper config for acceptable compiler in mac.

Re: How to fix error "no acceptable compiler found in $path means "

If there is Xcode then you must not face the issue. It should work properly. Do you have symlinks also installed in your system. Symlink helps the compiler to to provide a proepr reference to a directory or file. I had also noticed many has faced issue in installing MD5deep in mac. Other than this people face error gcc not found. To fix that you to check in your system that gcc is installed in your system or not. The only way to fix this quickly is re-installing xcode entirely. Also before you try to install this tool you must ensure that it will or will not work on the version of mac operating system you have. You can check the compatibility information on official site of md5deep with some documentation that will help you for the installation process.

It works on mac. The issue lies with xcode and right easy re-installation can do the job. Try the re-installing thing first later you can try to play with the config files. Or else you need a proper c compiler installed in your system. Check for gcc package.

I think steps for installating gcc package in your mac system can do the job. The download for the same can be found on apple site where you need to register for apple developer account. Look for Xcode tools and download it. It is a disc image files which has a number of tool in it. One you get the download package you will also receive instructions with it. The normal location were gcc lies in /usr/bin/gcc. The download size might be larger but it consist of all later updates that is required. You can download and then try to run the tool setup from it. You can install the gcc compiler while installing Xcode. It is also available in the bootable disc of mac os x. The location of the same is xcode tools > packages >

It does not looks a really big issue. There are two things you can do. Try re-installing the xcode as said above or switch to some c compiler for mac which is compatible with md5deep.

I will not recommend you to go for any other package. Xcode offers you everything you need. The error is still a mystery. Many says that by re-installing xcode can fix this out, but what if I do not have the setup with me. I will need to go for the 1gb package for apple and wait for the download. This is not proper. There must be any easy fix for that. I think installing only gcc is a nicer option for this. You can try out that once before going for complete xcode re-installation.

Even I agree with xcode installation. It is a nice tool and you can get rid of those which you do not want as per your need.