Thread: How to create Snake game in Visual Basic 2010 express

How to create Snake game in Visual Basic 2010 express

Hi friends recently I was doing projects on creating Snake game in Visual Basic 2010 express, so I am very mush excited about this projects. I have created many Desktop based applications in Visual Basic IDE. So I am very much clear with concept of VB IDE. The thing that I want to know is about the logic that can I used for creating this Gamming Application in Visual Basic 2010 express. So if you guys have any information or any suggestion then please let me know. Your guy’s ideas and suggestion for these projects will be thanks and appreciated.

Re: How to create Snake game in Visual Basic 2010 express

According to my information this is one of the best project you are going to create because, this will automatically increase you knowledge and concept on coding and also with this project you will going to know more about the deep concept on this Visual Basic Platform.

The thing that you have to keep on mind while creating this program is that, you must have to keep the entire tracks in one worksheet about the function that you are using in these program. So that in future you will not get confused in between the creation of this projects and also don’t forget to place comment for each and every concept that you are going to use in this Gaming creation. And before creating these projects you must have the complete information and ideas about the working for this game. So this is best to play this Snake game in Nokia Mobile and also from other source to get clear with the advanced concept that you can implement in this Project for giving it’s the best features and advanced thing.

You have to create first one snake so that it can able to grow and to move within specified boundary that you have created for this game. And also whenever, the snake eats something that you have decided in this game as a food for the snake. Must be randomly appears in random location within the given Frame.

According to my information, before starting this project you must have some basic knowledge on graphics, sound, possible joystick-input and so on. You must be quite clear with the program that you will go to use for creation of logic behind this game. The navigation of Snake must be well defined and bugs free. Try to make use of lots of function to distribute this long programming code into multiple block of code. However with this project one can gain experience on Data type and the other implementation of VB 2010 express.

You must also have some bit of logic to the snake game, for detecting the game condition and the condition for when the game over. And also you have to create this game so that it can encounters food on the game board. Before starting this game programming create your Algorithms concept on one paper sheet that you will go to use in this game for creating this project.

The thing that I want to suggest you for this project, is that this is best to do coding and compiling for each and every block of code so that it will help you to keep the tracks for error free coding, because if you not do this then might be you will have to waste lots of timing for the detection and fixing of error which occurs in between this projects.

The entire game is have to run on one rectangular game board, the board is divided into number of cell and each cell on the board is either empty or it is occupied by a piece of food or it is occupied by body parts of snake. And make sure that once the game start the user can move snake around that rectangular game board with the help of arrow keys on the keypad. And try to encounters the cell which containing food, once he get successfully consumes the food the snake grows longer.