Thread: Final year student of computer engineering needs help to run program on limited Account

Final year student of computer engineering needs help to run program on limited Account

I'm a Final year student of computer engineering. I'm trying to design an application from windows xp and above. The only problem I'm facing is the application needs to access windows registry to retrieve some keys; which is not possible in Limited user account. So please help me to understand how to implement this feature in my application. I want to do it in coding without any overhead for end user...

Re: Final year student of computer engineering needs help to run program on limited Account

This is not possible unless you grant a full access to the limited account from admin or server. Windows by default restricts the rights of guest or normal account. If you want to play with the settings you will need to gain access to the admin account and then provide all privilege to run files. Windows XP by default will disable all the services for the guest/normal account. But if still you want to test and run new program, you can try installing a virtual machine in the system and adding your favorite operating system inside it.