Thread: is there any possible way to create a Hover Button on Joomla

is there any possible way to create a Hover Button on Joomla

i am a web programmer and fresh to this field. as my work is to work or develop sites , i am finding this part difficult. i can make use of the hovering in html and css . i have a idea to do that. but i am finding it difficult to create a Hover Button on Joomla!. so is it possible for you to provide some solution regarding the same. i would be really helpful in this case. thank you.

Re: is there any possible way to create a Hover Button on Joomla

first of all i would like to say some related information about your topic. you may be knowing this but it will prove very helpful to others . As Joomla allow s user-edited hypertext markup language code, you are able to make use of custom HTML so that you are able to make addition of special effects to your site. By hover button you will find it easy and it can also be referred to as the mouse-over button. When you have the addition of this button it will have a hover effect, your button images will tend to change each time your website visitor hovers his mouse over the image.

hello guys, i will state some information regarding this topic. So as to make the processing of the hover effect, you need to select two button images you wish for making use. The first image will appear previous to the mouse-over. The second image will appears later.

i will provide some simple steps for intermediate users. have a note of it. according to me , Rollover images is a well known effect which is commonly used in many websites and Portals.
    Follow the steps mentioned below:
    1) make a Selection over the Insert and then to the Image Objects and have a click on Rollover Image:
    2) after this, move to the Browse buttons rollover images.
    finally, make a mark of the check "Preload rollover image" option button.

I will thank you for those e replies but I am unable to locate 'Rollover Image' functionality?
    I have a WISYWIG editor, and there is a tab present which inserts an image and when I click on it, it doesn’t have a section where you are able to add rollover image. So as a reason I am finding problems in this case. Hope you will reply for the same.

I should say in this case as if you are making use of the default editor, then you will face problems accordingly. But according to me if you make use of maybe JCE –which is a popular one will prove better.

according to me i suppose that you are making use of Tiny MCE Editor. Open the plugin Editor - TinyMCE for edit in the Plugin Manager and there you should have a set for the parameter Functionality to Extended.

This setting would enable you to give 3 tabs for the image dialog and the one with third tab which will have the function which will provide roll-over images for you.

I will provide you simple steps to color-change Rollover Buttons
    1. Initially, have a download of the Donimedia Select Box Menu module from extensions.joomla.org . and then make a upload of the module from the "Extensions" >>>>Install/Uninstall screen from within the Administrator interface for Joomla!
    2. Secondly in the menu items that you desire to show up in your menu which will be inside the Donimedia Select Box Menu module and make a selection from within your "Module Manager." You will be able to come across the empty boxes for menu items in the Module Parameters area which wil be present on the right of the screen.
    3. After this make sure that you enter the targets for the links in the URL section which will tend to present beneath the Menu item in the Module Parameters.
    4. And finally allow the module by clicking the "yes" radio button present inside the module screen or you can also do it by clicking on the red circle from within the Module Manager.

I'm a newbie as i also have a similar doubt about this thing. and I am not able to understand most of the information I find about Joomla and was expecting to have to dig around for hours to come across some kind of information I am able to understand and then make use of it. as i am also interested in creating a button which will enhance my website. thank you.

Hey guys, I was also having the similar problem and I solved it and I am very contended of my work. If you are having some advanced options , I think you should make a try of this.
    1. First of all have a download and install of the Cassrina Hover Image Menu Module
    2. You should read the documentation page as I will prove important to understand how this module process. . if we consider this module, you will find that each menu item is a thumbnail (tiny) image. At the time of rolling your mouse over the menu image, a larger version of the menu item pops out. You have to create and upload each of these images.Then ,make a creation of the thumbnail and web-sized versions of each image you'd like to make use of for this rollover module.
    3. After making the image part upload the images to Yourdomain. You can FTP them there otherwise login to CPanel, go to your file manager, and then perform it from there.
    4. The final step is to enable the Cassrina Module and the menu should appear where you have made the position for it.

thanks for your suggestions . i am finding myself convenient so as you gave me the replies . i will try and then make a note of replying you back. however. i want to ask further that will it be right using html code or will it have more effect . as i am finding somehow confusing about this one.