Thread: How to generate a WAR file ?

How to generate a WAR file ?

Hello everyone I am seeking a method for generating an archive file (. WAR) application tomcat on Eclipse. I would be really very appreciating this If anyone can help me it will be a great pleasure and thank you very much

Re: How to generate a WAR file ?

Even I am also looking for the same thing I want to create a .War but I do not know how. First I want to integrate this in Java code generation. So I try to integrate a command to the inside of my program but I can not and I do not know how. Otherwise I can do an ANT script to create my. War but how then call my ANT script from my java program. And I remain open to any proposal if you have a solution but it should be done automatically without the user that will use the application will not know that. War file was generated.

Thank you.

I have two suggestion for you
    1. Either you create your build.xml Ant pout generate a war but not dynamic way.
    2. Either you join the Ant API to dynamically generate a war in your program. But given the simplicity of such a file as this generation program directly yourself.

Can you tell me I think that's my problem, how to create an ANT script to generate a WAR file, it will be nice from you if you tell me how to do I would be really glad to knew this I am searching for this for some time now and unable to get any solution

I personally use this plugin Eclipse 2 , no need to create a script, you just do the installation, create a new project tomcat, put the code in the project and to export a WAR.

I have tried aps ANT, I'm not saying it's not well but this is simple

I would like to create everything dynamically, and run after my Ant script is in my program. Or download the Ant API? Otherwise I will try for the moment with the command com proc.getRuntime = (). exec ("jar-cvf monWar.war"); and take the variables with a little GUI. otherwise it is a procedure to automate deployment on Tomcat.

On the site of Apache Ant is open source book under the Apache License. So you can, if not already done, recreate a jar from one of these sources ie the Ant API . most of the company now incorporate this API Java: JBuilder, JBoss, Eclipse, ProActive ... You can also check the the TestSuite Ant

Hi guys I need help I installed software on a Debian server, and for security reasons, I would like to nacer in another directory, and I understand that this could be done via a. war I want to know how to create a point to make war and then functional I would be really appreciate if anyone her can help me on this . this is actually very important to me so please guys help me on this

I have not tried personally but in my opinion, it should not be more difficult than creating one. Zip in the way of doing things. However I have question of my Own what is the difference between a war and a renamed zip. War...

I use ant me but some of my colleagues use winzip

war is also known as web archive, it's the same principle as WinZip we group files by compressing and making a record, I think the war will be accepted only for deployment on web servers, so WinZip can be useful for generating a WAR condition to respect the architecture, but if you work on group and we need to test c menu to write a script that generates a war.but I could be wrong!

I have a small problem with the script, I create a directory called "webxml" and I put in two XML files:
    HTML Code:
    web-windows.xml"
    web-AIX400.xml"
    and I want to create two scripts is the first file "web-windows.xml" directory "webxml" and renames it and copy the folder WEB-INF and the other the same thing for "web-AIX400. xml "and then generate the corresponding war file directly without applying the changes to the project but generate the war file must contain these changes. Is it possible to do that?