Thread: How to make a simple Android game

How to make a simple Android game

Hi guys

I was just thinking to create the simple game for Android OS but I don’t know how to do that. I searched all the internet and was a bit confused a bit on the method, so is there any one here can help me on this I would be really glad to know this. Kindly being beginner how can I proceed? I want to design a mini game, playable on the touch screen, such as small application on Android phones

Thanks

Re: How to make a simple Android game

Hey even I would like to start creating a game for Android but I do not know what language to use or what software to use for graphics

I do not intend to make a 3D game but a 2D game which I think is easier to achieve I would be appreciating if you could enlighten me on the subject

For creating applications on mobile phones I think is the most appropriate programming language called "Java". You probably know by name. there are lot of tutorials available all you need to do is Goggling to watch the tutorial . I do not program in Java, however I can do the C and C + + and I can tell you that creating a video game, even in 2D is quite complex.

To develop on Android, it is necessary to know Java. Once you master the main concepts of Java, you can you start to learn the API of Android. To develop, you can use Eclipse with the Android SDK includes an emulator to test your game on PC. For information about Android, can be found in Google

Hey I am a computer science student, and I would create a game in android.
    I am very familiar with Java, I would just like someone to explain how to interface with a background image to add preset buttons, etc..
    I also want to create a 3d engine for sending in an object that is sends a ball of paper in a basket, etc

Thank you in advance for your answers

I advise you Unity3D.In its Pro version you can export to Android, iPhone and many more. Otherwise, your best bet is to dive into the Android SDK which is apparently quite difficult , and OpenGL ES for graphics! By the way In one day, you already have enough to make a simple application with the Android SDK. So for someone who knows Java, Android SDK is not particularly difficult. And it's a 2D game to do, not 3D.

You can create one. You. you might want to choose an open game engine. In order to be not get messed up you do not write yourself. Documentation and commissioning preferred course in English is available . its always good to write First game simple to learn, and small volume such as Interactive Fiction quests

It would be a desire to learn all i can like Java and C and other high level programming languages. To do the means is the Internet. However, in this case you master the language first, then write the game. By the way it possible to change the text and insert your picture and get the game.

Java is preferred although it is possible and in C and in a number of other languages .Any language can be developed independently, it is your wish But what about the games in flash? Flash is probably easier to learn than java? If that still want to learn , then learn Java or C + + but you spend a little more time learning flash ActionScript. So that any further programming language will not be difficult.

To start programming a game you need to define a class that inherits from BaseGameActivity. BaseGameActivity is the heart of the game. It contains an engine and is responsible for creating the Surface View in which the content of Engine will be drawn. There is exactly one Engine for BaseGameActivity. You can jump from one to another using BaseGameActivity control mechanisms Android Intents.

I suggest in OpenGL because The good thing about programming a game in OpenGL is that we can define the height and width you want. It will be for OpenGL who come into our mobile screen keeping the aspect ratio. If you want your game completely fill the screen and not showing any black bars top and bottom, or sides, make sure you are indicating a height and width proportional to the resolution of your screen. We can complicate it a bit more, but now is not worthwhile.

AndEngine works very easily and smoothly. It is also released with LGPL license, it means that while only the links from the same JAR file, you can distribute your game as you please free or charging. What do you expect to begin to develop 2D games Android .