Thread: WinRAR command line to unzip files in multiple directories

Exclamation WinRAR command line to unzip files in multiple directories

Friends, I enter with hope!

I have created a batch file to unzip the zip files within multiple folders in a parent directory using WinRAR.

@echo off

FOR /D /r %%G in (*) DO if exist %%G\*.zip C:\progra~1\WinRAR\Winrar.exe e %%G\*.zip %%G\

pause
    exit
    How it works

This works, and the files are extracted to the same folder. For example, I have a parent folder by name Parent, a subfolder by name Child and under that, a zip file by name zipfile.zip. This batch extracts the files in the zip file into the folder Child. This works in any given parent and child folder.

What I expect

I wish the batch to create a folder by name zipfile (the variable name of the zip file) within the Child folder. The files should be extracted into the newly created folder. This hsould work in any given parent and child folders.

I had tried the X command instead of the E in the command line, however, it doesnt seem to help. When we select multiple zip files and right-click, a WinRAR command is available to extract each archive to a separate folder. I need something of that sort to work for zip files across multiple folders, yet retaining the tree structure.

Thank you in advance. I know you guys are very very smart and will solve it in no time.
    Last edited by jymoo; 23-08-2011 at 07:09 PM.

Re: WinRAR command line to unzip files in multiple directories

You can do this more easily by using WinZip command line utility. This tool has automated system to create a batch file as per your requirement for unzipping the zip files. This tool has simple to use GUI mode where you can manually choose the files and folder and also the destination. Another much simple to use tool is FileMonkey. This gives you many more options to create certain task with a series of files.