Thread: How can I hide JavaScript code of my application?

How can I hide JavaScript code of my application?

Hello, everyone I have been writing programs for Java applet for my site. I would want hide the source code of the site or the application that I am creating from the people who would be viewing my site. Well, is it possible to hide the source code simply or is there a very complex method for doing so. I don’t want my hard worked code for my application being copied by others without my permission or my efforts to be stolen by someone else. It would really be helpful if you help me out.

Re: How can I hide JavaScript code of my application?

When you create java files in jar format or use javascript in the most basic case it is not possible to hide them. The jar file, with the help of winrar can easily unzip them and anyone can view your script. Preventing public from using something you worked hard to create takes further effort and it may not be that much of worth. Also, since the browser uses the data-stream it can view the source easily. So, I do not think hiding technique is gonna help you much. Instead show your site to only trusted persons by using passwords, etc.

If you want the world to see your work on site but don’t want them viewing your source code you can use a Java applet to obtain the source code and give only the display to the browser (this will stop the browser from viewing the source.)But it makes the process slow as the viewer will have to wait for the applet to load and depending on the size it may make it more slow. This may be the safest stake, but download time is increased. But it surely helps you to hide the script. Search on the web for the applets like these.

If you are good at programming you can try encrypting the source code and then using Javascript to decode it. Once you encrypt any code, only the user with the key to decrypt it can know the code others will only get nonsensical data. You will have to place the javascript in an external file and use the SRC attribute of the SCRIPT element to reference, thus the browser is not able to view it. But encrypting is a complex task and requires much effort. Of course, this is not a full-proof method and some smart viewers who are efficient hackers can easily hack encrypted files and find the keys.

I have a method that might dupe the not so smart viewers of your application. This is a very simple method and also a bit stupid. But you can try it. You have to fool the reader into thinking the source code is not available. Just pad the source code at the start with blank spaces and linefeeds. When the user seed the source code in notepad he initially sees only blank page and might get fooled thinking that there is no source code. Haha, you might try using this, if you don’t want to put much effort into it.

How to get free download MS Office 2000 Full version

How to get free download MS Office 2000 Full version.Please guide me anyone as soon as possible.

Re: How to get free download MS Office 2000 Full version

Quote Originally Posted by Soumen Bose View Post
    How to get free download MS Office 2000 Full version.Please guide me anyone as soon as possible.
    Well as i can see this is your very first post, i should welcome you. Now, i would like to tell you that please start a new thread if you have new query. As you can see this thread is no way related to MS Office, Mods may delete such posts.

Anyways. I tried to findout download link for Office 2000, but dint got, tired. Check this, hope you get some thing here or here.