Thread: Using PHP how can I send auto reply?

Using PHP how can I send auto reply?

I am learning php and started to build my own php application. I am basically a toddler and intended to reach the higher level of php programming . recently I was developing an application which auto reply the mail back to the user and I have developed a basic code for it now I can send the mail to my email id if the user fill the form but I can send the mail to the user who fill the form stating that I have received his query . I have removed all immaterial code and also change my email server security for the same purpose but was not able to achieve my goal

Re: Using PHP how can I send auto reply?

There is a very simple way to achieve your goal the trick is to specific e mail address for the form and set the auto response option form your mail domain it would be available from every email client the only problem this has is it cannot use the user information but that’s ok just keep a simple mail like in subject you put’ request for something has received ‘ and on body say “ your request has been under processing will revert back soon regard company name “ that it write the content suit to you it’s very simple.

It is not wise to use php auto reply I tell you why think about your form you make it’s in your website accessed by everyone let say if for instance a spammer visit your site now imagine when the form is submitted it automatically send reply to the sender of the form if any spammer submit a false detail of someone else email id and put on message like “ buy my product visit ww.zzzz.cm” and click submit then the reply that you design for such submit with the body of message will go to that email which the spammer has put or someone wrote a program and send 100’s of mail from your website then your website become a spam gateway and you are going to get blamed

Take my advice don’t use auto reply cause sending an auto reply to the email addresses that has been entered in you form will prohibit your email server by major ISP in short order the reason is the person who fill the form may not intended to get reply back beside there is no guarantee that the person entering the email is the owner of that e mail ,instead what you should do is the visitor will already on your site with their browser open when they submit the form just display the thank you message on the browser itself . This will save you from the all trouble